Divorcebusting.com
Posted By: drew7 well I finally had a bad screw up - 06/03/09 03:42 AM
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1773071#Post1773071

recent sitch link above.

Well I kind of messed up today. My DB coach warned me about this (talking too much to friends and family) and somehow I still managed to mess it up. Anyway a few days ago my SIL and a friend were telling me I needed to speak to my WAW. Ok fine my DB coach said I was at a point to not go dark and subtly initiate trying to catch up at some point anyway. I went by WAW and SIL's place to grab my phone charger and clothes. I saw SIL and asked how W was doing and wondered if she was holding up well. Wondered if she was depressed because I saw a pic where she looked kind of gaunt to me. I stupidly told my sis in law this and asked if my W was depressed? She said she thought so.. said my W just wanted to be alone and not deal with anything at all.. I asked her if she was confused and just really tired and frazzled.. SIL confirmed that... I then said I wish there was some way I could get W to go to MC with me but I said I would not push it..

a little later tonight W Im's me saying that SIL said I came by.. I confirmed and said I was looking for my cell phone charger... asked W if I could come by Thurs and pick up stuff and catch up with her (1st time we see each other in 2 weeks). She said yes... after that she said I am not depressed, I don't need therapy, and that she was at the same weight as before.. I said ok and I didn't want to argue about it. Then I said that if that upsets you I understand and took that at face value.. she asked what I meant and I said I believe you (I don't btw - less than 3 months before she was looking to get into therapy.. instead it looks like she decided to blame me for all her problems and unhappiness).

Anyway, well I will be seeing her Thursday. The first time since our separation. It looks like I have my work cut out for me. I will be as pleasant as possible and try to validate everything she says. I haven't heard anything about papers being filed so I still have hope. I am glad that I managed to validate in that IM convo and make it known that I wouldn't argue but boy do I feel like I backtracked.. I will gladly take any advice as I hope I haven't screwed up too badly in the grand scheme of things.

Drew
---
me-36
WAW-32
separation - 5/22/09
WAW twin sister-32 (lives with WAW)
SIL H death - 11/02/08
ILYBIANILWYAM - 5/07/09
bomb - 5/07/09
Posted By: drew7 Re: well I finally had a bad screw up - 06/03/09 03:45 AM
just to add I am on a new med for ADHD. Yesterday and today I was having pretty bad side effects and felt kind of emotional where I had been doing ok before. Fortunately, these side effects are already going away and it should be smoother sailing. It will be worth it in the long run.

Drew
Posted By: drew7 Re: well I finally had a bad screw up - 06/03/09 09:21 PM
I had a good PMA day and didn't think too much about my slip. Sometimes it takes a mistake to put detachment into perspective doesn't it? I hope my WAW appreciates her space because today I actually enjoyed mine. Anyway, time to get out of the house I have an out of town friend to hang out with!

Drew
Posted By: MrBond Re: well I finally had a bad screw up - 06/03/09 09:26 PM
Put it behind you. It didn't seem like that big of a deal.

She's just looking at pushing your buttons because she felt uncomfortable.
I agree. Onward!
Posted By: drew7 Re: well I finally had a bad screw up - 06/03/09 10:00 PM
yes I imagine you are right. She is hoping I react. I am going to do my very very best not to tomorrow. Thank you!

Drew
© DivorceBusting.com