Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Bhuda1 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I initiated the conversation She denied the affair. She turned things around. I told her I cannot live with a cheater and she said I am not living with a cheater. The conversation was calm and enlightening. We did discuss why our marriage failed.

The present living arrangement will not change. We decided that it is best that we keep up appearances for the benefit of our youngest son. To disrupt his life at this time would not be proper. To have his parents apart and sell the house would be too much. Yes I buckled.

However, I also thought I could use the time until she decides to follow through as a chance to follow the divorce busting techniques and try to prevent complete marriage break down.

Don't count the days, make the days count.
Mohammad Ali
B
Bhuda1 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
During the conversation last night my w made reference to our wedding rings and a necklace that had the family four birthstones. She took hers off and left them in plain sight in the bedroom. I could no longer continue to walk by and see them, so I put them in a safe place. At that time I took my ring off. She told me that she noticed I was not wearing my ring. I acknowledge her observation. I am going to bring her jewellery back out and place it her dresser . She told me she would like to wear the necklace again but made no mention of the ring.
I think I will also put my ring back on. Not immediately but within the coming weeks. Is this wise?

Mohammad Ali
B
Bhuda1 Offline OP
OP Offline
B

Mohammad Ali
L
L
B,

I wish you really would have run your scenario by the board. It's a weak move to confront and make the statement that you won't live with a cheater and then continue to live with a cheater. We would have advised you not to confront if that was the case.

What are your sons circumstances regarding the timing? I thought when you came here in 2015 she was leaving after school was done?

Isn't wearing the ring a symbol of commitment? What we be the point of wearing now?

B
Bhuda1 Offline OP
OP Offline
B

Mohammad Ali
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard