Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by LH19
D,

Before I can agree with what Steve says I need to hear the answer to the question about MC.

Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t it just recently she said she’s done?

I’m suspecting that more then likely you’re in the friend zone.

LH, I am very concerned that I am in the friend zone. At our last MC session in May she laid out a laundry list of her negative feelings and at the end of the monologue she said, "I feel like I am done."

Since this, I have really stopped all physical pursuit. Before that counseling session, I had been asking her to lay her head on me while in bed. She did so, but I could tell she was looking for any excuse to stop. So, since May I have stopped all touching.

Throughout this whole sitch, we have gone out on dates, but several weeks ago I asked if she wanted to get a babysitter for one night of the weekend to go out and she said she was looking forward to a weekend with nothing to do. OUCH!!!

It is weird, she really does seem to enjoy my company. My hope is that she is feeling the changes I have made, but she just isn't ready to commit to the relationship yet. My fear is that I am in the friend zone with her having no intention of trying to move out of that zone.

M: 22, T: 27
Three Children
BD: 12/15/18
S
S
Originally Posted by Destroyd
Originally Posted by LH19
D,

Before I can agree with what Steve says I need to hear the answer to the question about MC.

Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t it just recently she said she’s done?

I’m suspecting that more then likely you’re in the friend zone.

LH, I am very concerned that I am in the friend zone. At our last MC session in May she laid out a laundry list of her negative feelings and at the end of the monologue she said, "I feel like I am done."

Since this, I have really stopped all physical pursuit. Before that counseling session, I had been asking her to lay her head on me while in bed. She did so, but I could tell she was looking for any excuse to stop. So, since May I have stopped all touching.

Throughout this whole sitch, we have gone out on dates, but several weeks ago I asked if she wanted to get a babysitter for one night of the weekend to go out and she said she was looking forward to a weekend with nothing to do. OUCH!!!

It is weird, she really does seem to enjoy my company. My hope is that she is feeling the changes I have made, but she just isn't ready to commit to the relationship yet. My fear is that I am in the friend zone with her having no intention of trying to move out of that zone.

Based on this then I retract my previous post for now. Stop all pressure and pursuit for now. Let some time go by.

D the thing is that my W said that stuff too. I have a screen shot of her online dating profile (complete with a picture!) where she talks about how she is still married but she is done with the marriage. That she can't start dating yet but wanted to see what was out there, that she will be dating in the future once the D was done. In the meantime she was enjoying my company, watching TV with me, etc. 6 weeks after she created that profile, she was back committed to the MR. It can happen, but she has to come to that realization herself. There is nothing you can do to fix it.

Last edited by Cadet; 07/11/19 11:59 AM. Reason: Start a new thread message

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by Steve85

Based on this then I retract my previous post for now. Stop all pressure and pursuit for now. Let some time go by.

D the thing is that my W said that stuff too. I have a screen shot of her online dating profile (complete with a picture!) where she talks about how she is still married but she is done with the marriage. That she can't start dating yet but wanted to see what was out there, that she will be dating in the future once the D was done. In the meantime she was enjoying my company, watching TV with me, etc. 6 weeks after she created that profile, she was back committed to the MR. It can happen, but she has to come to that realization herself. There is nothing you can do to fix it.

Steve, why do you think your wife recommitted to the MR so quickly? Is there any information there that we can glean from this?

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2856627#Post2856627

Last edited by Cadet; 07/11/19 04:04 PM. Reason: Link

M: 22, T: 27
Three Children
BD: 12/15/18
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard