Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
M
MLCxH Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks for checking in, LH. I am slowly working on getting adjusted to my new lifestyle over the past few months. It is a tough adjustment with the financial strain from the D and juggling taking care of work, the home and kids as a single parent but on the positive side GAL pretty much takes care of itself. It is also good not having to deal with the tension and uncertainty. exW is still in her dreamworld of a better life without me and I am unfortunately financing her dream for another 3 years. It was a tough decision to give her the settlement I did but I felt keeping the D amicable was more important than fighting over money - though I may regret it when I run out of money paying her smile. Eventually this gravy train will stop and it is only then that she will face the real consequences of her decision. I am still keeping the door open for now but don't know for how long I can keep it up, let's see. For now, I am trying to live my life one day at a time. Part of it is I have been so busy that I don't have time to think beyond the present, which is a blessing in it's own twisted way!

L
L
M,

Sounds like you are adjusting well. I am sorry this is putting a dent in you financially. I'm not sure of your age but hopefully you have time to make it all back. Keep in mind this is going to take awhile. They don't hurt their children, take on financial risks, disappoint family, burn bridges to come running back in 6 months.

Take this time being single and enjoy it. Keep your head up and what's going be is going to be.

Stay strong my friend.

B
B
MLCxH,

I've seen your advice to others so just read through your thread. It's been two years since you've given an update...care to share?

Me:39 Ex-W:37
M:7 T: 9
S:6 D:3
BD/IHS/Confirm EA/PA: Feb '20
OM1 affair ends: May '20
W/OM2 & moves out: June-July '20
W files for D: Jul20
OM2 confirmed: 9/2020
Divorced: May '21
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard