Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
Y
Y
I wonder if the step past "I really really like you" will come after he has spent more significant time with your kids? Once you see that dynamic and how he acts and behaves around them in a more significant way I think your feelings will either solidify or change. Maybe that slow process will help with your sorting of feelings.

I'm sure a lot of folks are in the "don't bring someone new into the mix until you're SURE" camp. But at the same time, how can you be sure until there is at least a little bit of melding?

I understand his nerves about introducing his friends. Not wanting to be judged by them, and also not wanting you to judge them because he cares about them. That's a valid feeling and glad he's sharing it with you. It sounds like he just wants everyone to be good - and the best way to control the situation is to have folks not meet. I used to do that a lot.

job Offline
New Thread...Moved to Surviving the Big D Forum:

No Longer Down, Definitely Not Out Part III

Last edited by job; 07/25/19 09:05 PM. Reason: added link to new thread

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard