Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
Hallzy9 #2848788 05/10/19 10:07 PM
O
O
Michele stated that you use the LRT when the WAS says they want a divorce and you think they mean it. The LRT is pretty simple IMO so what part of it do you think you should hold off on? I think you'll be LRT'ing by default.

LRT means:
- stop pursuing
-GAL
-wait and see

So you'll be LRT when she moves out unless you plan on pursuing, not GAL, or not waiting/filing. It will be good for you in many ways. What pursuit has worked so far? It seems like you have had some positives so far so I'm not saying you need to do LRT either.

H 34
W 29
BD 3/12/18
Divorce Busted Spring 19

It is not things that bother us, but the stories we tell ourselves about things.
Hallzy9 #2848796 05/10/19 11:21 PM
R
R
Originally Posted by Hallzy9
Should I assume because we are cuddling and have had a few sexual encounters that I am not friend zoned? Also is there even any action the LBS can do to get out of the friend zone? Just curious.
Do some research and learn some new "skills" to surprise her the next time you are intimate.

I am always trying to "surprise" my lady. Example: If you were always the one to cross the finish line first, then make sure she crosses first. Or maybe two times before you do.

"What is best for my kids is best for me"
Amor Fati
Link to quotes: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879712
ovrrnbw #2848815 05/11/19 06:31 AM
H
Hallzy9 Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Hi ovrrnbw,

So from what I read Michelle says to use LRT if:
1:spouse says they want divorce
2:you and spouse are physically separated

I forgot the third honestly.

So yes if my W and I separate, which is the plan in a week, then per Michelle I should LRT.

She then goes onto talk about the 3 reactions you may get from doing LRT. The second outcome she talks about progress that includes an improvement in your sitch such as: improved communication, your spouse showing interest, your spouse talking about a future together, and a few other things.

From what I understand LRT is a technique that involves basically no contact with your spouse. That is not where I am now as we still live together and by using other DB techniques my sitch has already improved a bit. Some of the things Michelle mentions could happen In the second outcome of LRT are already happening in my sitch before I have started LRT. So I am just concerned about reducing my contact once we separate if I am seeing positive changes from some interactions.

I have not been pursuing, and do not plan on it. From my understanding LRT seems far less involved and much harsher than the DBing I have done already?

Oh and those things you listed as LRT: Don’t pursue, GAL and detach I have already been doing. I was under the impression that LRT was a step beyond typical DBing?

Therefore I was confused as to if I should go LRT if I am already seeing positive changes before going LRT. Or is it because we are separating that I should go LRT despite the positive changes I have seen already?

Thank you

New Thread:

Soon to separate, Possible WAW

Last edited by job; 05/11/19 05:14 PM. Reason: added link to new thread

Me: 26 W:26
T:6 M:1 S: 1
BD: 3/26/19
DBing: 4/12/19
Separation: 5/20/19
I filed: 8/7/19
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis