Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
D
DejaVu6 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks FS. Yes...”in transition” does strike me as a version of MLC...lol. I am definitely keeping my distance in that respect. I am enjoying his friendship. We have a funny dynamic. We get into debates all the time and I love getting him going...lol. It’s fun to talk to him. I have no expectations other than that.

So...my coffee date turned into dinner because he got held up on the mainland and missed his ferry. As I predicted, super nice guy... not attracted to him at all. Pretty sure he liked me though. Sigh... the last time I did the OLD thing, I met five guys and was attracted to four of them. This time around...not so much. I’m not even sure I’m attracted to Facebook Guy and I’ve probably spent at least 20 hours with him.

So...had some bad news and some good news today. I’ve had an electric car for four years and this year my battery has been really acting up and giving me super low range. I thought they had fixed it a week ago with a new battery management download but that lasted a few days and when I went on my weekend with my sister it was draining power at an alarming rate. Anyway...long story short, I took it in today and they called me to say that the battery is not functioning at an acceptable level [tell me something I didn’t know]. But...the good news is that it is still covered under warranty so they are replacing it with a brand new battery!!! That’s like giving me a brand new car. So when I picked it up, I asked the service guy, out of curiosity, how much a new battery costs. He told me that the warranty price [less than if a customer had ordered it apparently] is $24,000!!! Holy cr@p!!!! I couldn’t believe it. How lucky am I?!?

Anyway...I thought I might have to buy a new car but this will buy me a few more years at least. smile

Last edited by Cadet; 04/13/19 12:45 PM. Reason: Start a new thread message
D
DejaVu6 Offline OP
OP Offline
D

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard