Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
G
Gerda Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by job

I want you to sit quietly and think about what I have written.

Job, I will do that. But i honestly have no idea what I am being stubborn about unless you mean that I don't want a divorce. I don't really address any issues with him (telling him or asking him) except once in a while when I post about it here. Mostly we are just roommates and he is often gone. When I consider what all my friends advise me to do in this situation, I feel like I am overall quite kind and patient with him.

I think what I was asking you about was more about how to go dark in this situation. I don't know how to carve out some head space for myself so that I can heal, let alone sit quietly and think about what you or anyone has written. I was looking for a really practical explanation of how to do that based on the current living situation in a fairly small apartment.

I believe I will see the bounty of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord with courage.
Be stouthearted, and wait for the Lord.
job Offline
You have to figure out how to carve that quiet time out because you know your schedule better than anyone. Can you take a few minutes out of the morning and just look out the window at God's beautiful creations? You don't have to do anything major to create quiet time. Put on some soothing music and sit down until that particular song is over and then get back to work. You go to church, that is the perfect area for quiet time. Walking will give you time to reflect as well. Until you let go of the fear and turmoil that you have within yourself, quiet time isn't going to be easy. You are allowing his threats to create so much turmoil within you. When you let go and call him on his so called threats, they tend to back down. We all know that he really doesn't want to take care of the children. That is called responsibility and he has already indicated he can't deal w/it even for a few hours, but he knows that this is your "toy" from the sandbox and he's trying to take it away from you. When you give it to him, sure he'll want to play full time daddy for a while, but then he'll lose interest in the tug of war and let things be.

As for going dark in a residence w/the MLCer living there too....you can't. You can go dim and treat them as roommates as much as possible. If he talks to you, you respond w/short, but polite answers. If, at all possible, do not ask him to do things for you. The less you ask of him, the better because his anger is already boiling w/resentment and the more fuel you pour on that fire, the hotter it is going to burn. Normal people enjoy talking about their day or interacting w/others. Generally roommates share responsibilities in the apartment, but your h isn't normal right now. He's an anger teenager who doesn't want mom to ask him or tell him to do something.

I didn't mention divorce in my postings to you. I addressed the issue of custody only and what you might want to try to ease the path of communication w/your children if it comes to point of not being able to communicate w/them. I don't advocate divorce unless it is absolutely necessary.

Gerda, I wish that I could sit down and talk to you about your situation. I'm sure that there is much more going on than what you share here that could help me help you.

New Thread:

Brave Little Gerda Faces the Icy Game of Reason

Last edited by job; 03/03/19 01:03 PM. Reason: Add link to new thread

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard