Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
D
D
"Dropping the rope" is extremely difficult. I've found it very hard.

The lyrics of Toto's Rosanna come to mind - "Never thought that losing you could ever hurt so bad".

I'm quite a romantic so envisage everything working out, regardless of what's happened.
Always have, even with past girlfriends who now I'd avoid like the plague and have zero affection for now.

My W has filed for D. I received the papers yesterday evening in the post. I have been trying to GAL as much as possible. When I last saw her on 17th Aug, she commented "so life's good for you then?" I tried to answer "yes" in a happy and upbeat way. I think she looked annoyed. She didn't press it though.

Me - 36, W - 32
No kids
T - 8 yr, M - 3 yr
Discovery - 14 May 2019
S - 25 May 2019 & D bomb - 29 July 2019
D & House sale final - Feb 2020
S
SteveLW Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by AnotherStander
Obviously your personal religious/ spiritual beliefs come into play in this and all other aspects of your life. But, WAW's can rationalize darned near anything and everything. They will convince themselves what they are doing is good and right now matter how strong their religious convictions. It might go something like this- "God wants me to be happy. I am not happy in this marriage and that makes God sad. Since he wants me to be happy then he would approve of me getting a separation and eventually divorce. He knows I tried everything to save the M." This is why we say not to ask others to intervene. Even if it's a pastor/ priest/ etc. that the WAW previously respected, she will convince herself he is now wrong.

I wanted to quote this post because it was at the end of a page and I am afraid missed by many.

This is so true!!

The rationalizations of a WAS are limitless. Which is why reasoning with them is almost always fruitless.

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard