Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
R
R
Burned,
I also have NGS and totally get how you are feeling. Standing my ground and getting past that has been the hardest thing for me. She already has no respect for you so standing your ground and doing what is best for you and you only is the only option you have here. It doesn't make you an a-hole it makes you someone who respects himself.

M:33 W:32
T: 10 M:8
D9
S7
D4
A
A
Originally Posted by burned
OK this is the advice I got from my mother, the person who taught me NGS:

"I think wanting to get the house is cruel because it is what she wants and not really what you want. Beside I don’t think fighting her that way is going to make her respect you. And it would be nice to have her respect, but you should not care if you don’t live with her. I know she has some money but as long as you are married you have a responsibility toward her."

But why does this feel kind of good? My insides are screaming "you're an a-hole, you should be ashamed of yourself."

Edit: she said, "I know you think I'm taking advantage of you but I'm not" or something like that, and I so badly wanted to say, "Yeah, you took advantage of me beginning a year ago when you first let that jerk park his car in your front yard, if you know what I mean."

With all due respect to your mom, you don't earn points with a wayward by giving in to them. She already has zero respect for you. Let me put it to you this way, you think she's nice to you now but that if you cut her off she's going to be mean to you and that scares you. Well if you think that, then what does that say about her? SHE IS ONLY BEING NICE TO YOU TO GET WHAT SHE WANTS. So if you cut her off and she's mean to you, well there you go, she doesn't give a flying sh!t about you, being nice to you is just a means to her selfish ends.

You may have legal responsibility in supporting her, that's why I suggested talking to your L. But I don't agree with your mom that you have a moral responsibility. Like I said before, your W already quit the M. It's already over as far as she is concerned.

Last edited by Cadet; 11/16/18 10:17 PM. Reason: Start a new thread message

Me: 60 w/ S18, D24, D27

M: 21 years; BD: 06-14-12; S: 09-10-12; D final: 03-17-14; XW:57
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard