Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
D
DnJ Offline
D
Hello SBJ

My condolences for the loss of your best friend.

And your ex is getting married next week. Oh my goodness, I must have missed a post. Unless this is also a surprise.

It is always nice to hear from you. Rant all you want, we’re friends here.

Take care.

D

Feelings are fleeting.
Be better, not bitter.
Love the person, forgive the sin.
G
G
Dear SBJ, my heart is aching for you. What a week of blows, and what a testament to your faith that you keep turning to God and seeking His peace. The re-"marriage" is not a marriage and whatever it is will not last, but how awful to have to know about it. (No contact has been a blessing to me -- and complicates my relationship with my D11, who is like a conduit into all the darkness I have been able to avoid with no contact.) I am so so sorry about your friend, and hope your stepdad is okay.

Yesterday I spoke to a priest I know who lived briefly in my city and then moved away -- and he told me not to be afraid of the cross I had to carry, not to try to escape it or deny it, just to pick it up and walk with courage and faith that I would not be carrying it alone, that the burden would eventually feel light. I know this intellectually but it was powerful to hear that, just to realize how often I am desperately trying to shake free of this burden or to solve it. Now that I am pro se, I actually have to do a lot of working and strategizing and dealing with court and so it's hard not to think I can just work hard enough and I will finally be able to control things. I am not sure I can have that kind of faith to just carry the cross without trying to get rid of it, but I am sure I would have a lot of peace if I could.

Sending lots of love.

Last edited by Gerda; 10/01/20 02:46 AM.

I believe I will see the bounty of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord with courage.
Be stouthearted, and wait for the Lord.
job Offline

Last edited by job; 07/07/21 07:25 PM. Reason: added link to new thread

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard