Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
D
D
(Sorry to continue the hijacking of your thread, Maika)

I definitely agree that there seem to be more dating prospects out there for men over 40 than women in the same age range, especially for men who are reasonably intelligent, reasonably fit, and considerate. However, I don't know about such wide age gaps - dating people a decade or two younger than you? It just seems to me that those women are at such a different part of their lives. I am sure that this is colored by the fact that my W was 8 years younger than me, and that she definitely felt like she missed out on a large part of her independent, young-adult life. She moved out of her parents' home and directly into an apartment with me and was married by age 25 while most of her friends remained (or still remain) single for many more years. That clearly played a part in her unhappiness in the MR and her ultimate decision to leave it.

I am sure there are exceptions but I think the huge difference in life experiences makes it hard for me to connect with anyone a decade younger. Sure there is some mystery or aura in being the older, more experience man, but that fades quickly once you establish a level of intimacy.

I am (eventually) looking for someone I can settle down with and start a family with, and that pool is not nearly as deep, especially when looking among women within a decade of my own age. The vast majority who are available are already divorced with kids (and generally don't want any more) or have no desire to start a family (otherwise they would have already.) Of course, I live in a smaller sized city with some pretty conservative values, and I'm sure in a more cosmopolitan place it would be easier since there is much more of a culture of remaining single longer.

W 34 Me 42
Married 7 years together 8
0 kids 1 beloved dog
BD 4/6/2018
I moved out 4/7/2018
I moved back in alone 8/05/2018
I file 3/06/2019
D official 5/7/2019
job Offline
Please start a new thread and link the two threads together. Thanks!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
M
Maika Offline OP
OP Offline
M
New Thread:
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2833499&#Post2833499

Will continue the last few comments into the new thread. Lock it up job smile

No one is coming to save you!

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard