Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
B
happy to read your update LC.

I recall reading of your sitch when I first arrived here as a newbie. always happy to hear of people who have gone through the adversity of divorce and then come out the other side with a wonderful new future.

-B

Me:34 W:40
D1:4
M:7 T:8
BD:3/18
D Final: 6/19
M
M
Hey LC - sounds like all good news! great to hear the update. Seems like things are progressing well on all fronts in your life and things have settled. All the best and keep at it!

No one is coming to save you!

N
N
Thanks for the update Lc!

WW H(me): 53
W: 48
T: 27 M: 22
S: 18
Piecing since 03/2016
Saw the light in the storm
L
lcause Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Time certainly flies by.

Just thought to update something, because I remember reading these threads as a newcomer and wondering how the lives of the people had continued after their last posts written years before. Anyways, not sure if any of the current writers even knows/remembers me but my post history is there if you want to read it.

I can definitely say that divorce forced me to grow - and I mean by a lot. It was basically something that shook me of the path and forced me to think about my future. To start to live the life I have always wanted to live. I have no hard feelings towards my XW and I am quite lucky because I think not having had a single argument since divorce is quite rare in general. For which I have this forum and it's contributors to thank for.

Since my last post, nothing much has happened. I am still learning about life, psychology and overall just reading books about everything that sounds even remotely interesting. Also thinking about starting my own freelance company, but I got yet another promotion at work and have been doing 50-60 hour weeks for a while now. Hopefully it will ease up soon. Managed to complete one $15k certification paid by the company and hoping to someday get a chance to study eMBA.

D and S have grown a lot. D especially. She has been doing super well in school as well. S likes legos a lot and does lego sets rated for 5-6y when he is only 4 smile I am very proud of both of them.

Regardless of covid having forced us to work remotely and basically be together 24/7, everything is going great for GF and I. We try to come up with things to do together and things to do separately. However, I do not basically leave my home except for jogging or other outdoor activities, so it is quite hard. A few of colleagues have relatives who have had covid and it certainly does not seem something I would want to get. One had it half a year ago and still cannot run even close to the time he managed to achieve before getting the infection. Hopefully it will soon be over but it does not look good since vaccinations are not given quickly enough frown The numbers are sad.

In my thirties, BDd 2017, divorced
2 young kids
new relationship
K
kml Offline
K
Yes, it's something you do not want to get. Keep your vitamin D levels up in a normal range, that may help. Glad life is otherwise going well for you - I'd say this pandemic is a good test of a relationship!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard