Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
lee123 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Hi Toenail

Im doing pretty good thanks. Last night she rang me at 5pm as I was driving home from work, saying that want do I want for dinner. Im taking these signs as positive and that she is trying to reach out to me,

I said I was going to the gym and then I got a long silence. I got home hardly spoke, went to the gym and when got home she looked like she had the hump. Is this because Im GAL and moving on? Most probably.

Ive heard this is the sweet spot, you are detaching, doing your own thing and now she is getting frustrated that youre not warming to her. Any comments about this would be good.

I will not contact her today. I will wait on her

I hope you are doing OK.

O
O
Hi Lee,

you're obviously very caught up with her and what she is doing, this is normal. It will change over time and with effort. Lack of contact in your situation meant what? Not talking for 8 hours during the day. That's nothing. Read a few other sitches here and see how they compare to that.

If she asks you if you like the shoes, just respond in a yes or no manner. That's it. If she texts info, no need to respond. You're worried about being cold and uncaring to a woman in an affair? Do I have that right? She didn't have concern or respect enough for you, but you'll extend it to her?

Don't read into any "signs". You are not a psychic. Believe nothing she says and only half of what she does. She could be buttering you up for something horrible. It's happened on here before.

Don't worry about her getting frustrated at you detaching, if she wants a R with you she will tell you. Women always do.

What does it mean when you said:

went to the gym and when got home she looked like she had the hump

?

H 34
W 29
BD 3/12/18
Divorce Busted Spring 19

It is not things that bother us, but the stories we tell ourselves about things.
T
T
hang in there lee. Detach, GAL, 180. worry about YOU and YOU alone. time to be selfish!

LBH (43) — WW(41)
D(14)

M(16) — T(22)

BD-ILYBIANILWY (JULY 1,2018)
L
lee123 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Cheers for replies. Ovrrbw, what I meant was she is getting frustrated with me GAL, going to gym, not phoning her, not responding to texts.

However, last night she cried her eyes out, saying that she wish she never said anything about marriage, as she now realises that she has to stand on her own 2 feet and she has no money. When I came in with a bag with new shirts in, she broke down. She said that it was her choice and there was no going back. I didn't say anything. I left her on her own drowning her sorrows in her glass of wine.

I'm feeling pretty confused today and really crappy as didnt sleep much.

O
O
What are you feeling confused about?

Maybe validate her feelings when she's upset and telling you that stuff next time.

H 34
W 29
BD 3/12/18
Divorce Busted Spring 19

It is not things that bother us, but the stories we tell ourselves about things.
L
lee123 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Confused that she mentioned the marriage and maybe wants me back. Her hurting and saying that she wished she never said anything, her keeping on reaching out to me. Are these the signs that she wants me back?

I am supposed to go to an 18th bday party tomorrow with us as a family, so pretty anxious as will feel uncomfortable.

O
O
She mentioned the marriage and maybe wanting you back to give you a little glimmer of hope, to keep you warm and ready in case she wants to come back.

Her telling you how she is hurting is to divert attention away from her misdeeds and get you feeling bad for her. It's manipulating. She's hurting you. Does she know this or not? and is she talking about that?

Her reaching out to you isn't a bad thing, but don't try to guess what it means. It could be her softening you up for the D papers. It could be she kinda wants you back. Nobody knows. So keep DB'ing.

H 34
W 29
BD 3/12/18
Divorce Busted Spring 19

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard