Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Welp, and just like that we are over again.

2 guys, 2 come back for more, both end up re-rejecting because one wants an R and the other doesn't, and apparently I am cut out for neither! Talk about lose-lose situations! Ha! That leaves me good at one thing. Being single!

I didn't think it would bother me again, but it sort of does. But I think he is a bit of a flaky liar and he only wants what he wants. It'll be short-lived.

The kid is pretty amazing. She is so intelligent. I like to think I taught her right. And thank you.

The compliments are very nice to receive from coworkers, and I got another one today. I am a words of affirmation girl.

I pretty much have my second job, the social worker told all the case managers I am coming and they are really excited. So, I guess working 6 days a week, I won't have time to date anyways.

It's true, I need to do something different. What, I don't know. Maybe listen to my gut more, and remind myself, it's better to be alone than with someone who can recognize your full value.

Although I think HC did. He just can't live up to it.

D
D
Originally Posted by Ginger1

2 guys, 2 come back for more, both end up re-rejecting because one wants an R and the other doesn't, and apparently I am cut out for neither! Talk about lose-lose situations! Ha! That leaves me good at one thing. Being single!

There are FAR worse things in this world than being single, but you need to start focusing on the positive. Look at ALL that YOU have accomplished that no one in this world but you can take credit for. You are literally a self-made woman who has earned every single thing you have on your own and by yourself. That is seriously amazing and impressive.

I didn't think it would bother me again, but it sort of does. But I think he is a bit of a flaky liar and he only wants what he wants. It'll be short-lived.

Of course it bothers you. This is exactly what I mean in my other post. I knew you weren't "whatever" about it because it isn't in you to be "whatever" about things like this. You are an emotional, sensitive person and I mean that in a totally good way. You are a loving, caring person who wants to be loved and cared for and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I don't think you have it in you to be in a casual, sexual relationship. I think you say you could, but when it comes down to it, you just aren't built that way. I'm not either. I need to be in or I need to be out. I can't be in for fun and not let emotions in....just can't do it.

It's true, I need to do something different. What, I don't know. Maybe listen to my gut more, and remind myself, it's better to be alone than with someone who can recognize your full value.

Although I think HC did. He just can't live up to it.

It IS better to be alone than to devalue yourself for someone else. You are a high-class woman so don't settle for middle class appreciation. I have to agree to disagree with you about HC...I don't think he has a clue of your actual value. If he did, he would have acted like a man and TALKED to you instead of playing these little back and forth games. I get he's fresh out of a divorce and that can really play some tricks on a person and have them feeling all sorts of weird ways, but the only person HC recognizes the value of is HC. You do NOT need that. Onward and upward, I say!

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
D
D
You may need to start a new thread again here soon so hope I'm in under the wire here - but um, DETAILS PLEASE? You certainly didn't provide much. You had a text conversation with HC about what you wanted, he said to be continued, and it evidently was continued earlier today but you don't provide any details. What happened? And then who is the second guy - are you talking about BG? Did something more happen with him again? And what about the random guy from last week Saturday? Have you heard anything back from him? Hope you can clear these up for those of us trying to follow along?????

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
Bomb 6/20/05 / She Filed on 6/2/06 / Divorced on 10/9/06
4 who'd qualify as GF since D & dated about 25 women since D
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
HAHA, Don, I am too mentally exhausted to go into the details. He thinks I will not be OK with casual and I should have everything I want and deserve. But really, that man is in a super selfish phase right now. So, it's just done. I told him we can't be friends either. He wants what he wants, and I want what I want. Different places and he isn't willing to compromise and is too scared of me wanting more. So, screw it. It would be highly unenjoyable.

Yes, I was referring to BG. and nothing new has happened there. And I never heard from random guy again.

Dawn, your post to me was wonderful. Thank you. I am established, know what I want, and I can't be dealing with some guy fresh out a divorce. I need to really own my self value. I really need to stop putting myself in these positions too. I own that. You are right, I don't have it in me to be casual, nor do I have it in me to be rejected anymore. I need a breather, but I am nuts, I keep going back for more.

I am super tired. More emotional exhaustion than anything. D10 has not stayed at my house since last Friday night and I have missed her horribly. I can't wait to just snuggle with her.

job Offline
New Thread:

Unlucky in love

Last edited by job; 08/31/18 09:54 PM. Reason: added link to new thread

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard