Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
O
OrangeK Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Originally Posted By: Joseph9
Ok - Your responses are fine, you can handle your sitch how you want. If you are not ready for a more comfortable R then keep your answers short and to the point. Unfortunately you can't control how she initiates things or communicates. You just can't let it get to you when she does try to be all friendly, chatty, etc.

She can be nice all she would like, it is still much preferable to her cold scorn.
I will continue to communicate how i am comfortable, which is flexible and business like.

M: 35, EX-W: 3, S:4
All Divorce Proceedings Complete - Oct 18
-----------------------------------------------------
2nd EX - Was Engaged - Diagnosed BPD
2 Major breakups.
2 Rebounds
D
D
Hey OK,
Just a little advice from a HUGE newbie and going through a tough situation myself.

You can only control you.

If you want your communication to be short, businesslike and only about your son, then you can only control your responses. You bantering and conversing back and forth opens the door and welcomes her to do the same.

IF you keep your responses clear, concise and only about what you want to communicate about, I believe the conversations would be shorter, briefer and way less personal.

DON'T let her get to you in any way. Kindness, frustration, jabbing, etc. If she sends these to you, it is either ignore or a short response regarding your son. Nothing more.

Just MHO

New thread

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2796694#Post2796694

Last edited by Cadet; 06/19/18 05:15 AM. Reason: Link

M51 W44
T21 M18
D14 S11
BD date 9/17
W filed 02/18
W withdrew petition following week
In house separation 03/18
In Limbo and DB'ing since 03/18
W is moving out by mid Nov 2018
A drawing up paperwork 11/18

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11