Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
There is no such thing as normal. Completely agreed. I am happy with someone not being a freak:) And amen to the boundaries. You just have to decide for yourself what is acceptable and what isn't.

The date went super good. It felt like it was our 3rd date, not our first. We were just natural together. He is outgoing, very personable, fun, smart and sweet. And he's got a really nice body, haha. MUSCLES! The hatchet throwing was ALOT of fun, and after the work week I had, it felt good! Then we went to grab a bite and a drink. Very good conversation. Then we did come back to my house and sat outside on my patio and talked some more.

I know I get slack for having long dates when they are good. But it was a long one. Our first kiss of the night was not like any I have ever had on a first date. It was an hour in, we both got matching bulleyes on our targets and in celebration we just kissed. Neither of saw it coming, it just happened.

He is the youngest of 5, his parents were married forever, and his mom died a few years ago. His dad lives alone in their childhood home and he says he talks to his dad everyday and goes to his house every weekend and does all the yardwork and takes him out to lunch. He has a 5 year old son with his exGF, but they never married. Been broken up for 2 years and they amicably share custody of their son.

Yes, we are very attracted to eachother and we did make out.

So, probably one of the best first dates. I hope there will be more. We talked about it. Kid schedules, so we didn't firm anything up yet. But we talked about kayaking together, going to the beach (we both love the water).

Now I freak out because I haven't heard from him yet, but he got home very late and might still be sleeping. It's also not even noon, but that next day when you had a good time always gets a little nerve-wracking.

On another really lovely note. I D10 calls me from aftercare yesterday and says one of the directors has something to tell me. My D10 has been attending the boys and girls club since kindergarten. Before and after care and summer camp. The directors have been there the whole time. One was leaving and they had a breakfast for her (the employees, no kids) and she told them all one of her best experiences was watching my daughter grow and mature so beautifully. That she will deinfitley be a counselor there one day. That she appreciates how D10 is always helping out around the club, be it with the younger kids, paperwork for camp, or the gardening. They let her know, and they wanted to let me know and they said I am doing a great job with her.

My heart just melted. I am so proud of that kid. She is such an amazing little lady. The most important thing for me was to raise a child with a big heart and kindness and helps others. And that is who she is. I am so proud of her.

job Offline
I am glad the date went well. Sounds like you two clicked.

As for your daughter, what a wonderful way to let you know that you've done a great job in the way that you have raised your daughter. She is a lovely young lady and it shows in every photo and action that she takes. Kudos to you and your daughter.

New Thread:

Changes

Last edited by job; 06/10/18 12:36 AM. Reason: added link to new thread

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard