Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
B
B
hello dear heart just wanted to wish you a happy mother's day xoxoxo

BTW, I spent more than half my life with my exh ... 26 years almost at BD. I am the mother of his only child. I didn't even get a text saying Happy Mother's Day. It is what it is. My son was supposed to be picked up at 10am by his dad, but instead spent the morning with me and then a quick visit in the afternoon as well.

There is a reason we are free from them.

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
J
J
I know how you feel. My ex sent me a "Happy Mothers Day" text and it kind of left me feeling unsettled.

Its the bare minimum he could do, without completely ignoring it. It actually fits in with his parenting style. He does the bare minimum. A little less then what a court would have given him. 20/80 at the most.

It felt cruel though. Its not like i expected anything from him. He feels like he gives me way too much in child support. (He doesnt. Again its the mininun) its not like i expected a "thank you for all the work and effort you out into our son. Hes lucky to have you" (he cant cause then it opens it up to how sh!tty of a dad he is)

Its just that that measly acknowledgement from the person that basically grew up with me, witnessed a really traumatic birth, etc. Etc. Just felt like a huge insult.

Sorry for the hijack. I just know how you feel. Its like that request for 12 dollars. Its like a "wow. They really are that bad arent they" reminder.

M: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
WAH in summer
C
C
Originally Posted By: job
Cadet,

Contractions aren't the only problem. Vanilla attempted to post and she didn't have any contractions in her posting.

Yes in Vanilla's case it was the word

canapes with the special letter e

Me-70, D37,S36
C
C
So I don't get in trouble for extending this thread, I'm gonna start by saying it's time to start a new thread.

Now, since I'm here anyway, I didn't send my ex a Happy Mothers Day greeting, wish, gift or anything else. I'm not sure if I fall into the same group as your ex since I wasn't the one that got her pregnant.

I think I see them as individual entities, my ex and my son, not as my son and his mother. Maybe her pretty much abandoning him while she went on her girls gone wild year made me stop thinking of her as a mother, I don't know. But whatever the reason, I considered sending my ex-MIL a happy M-day greeting, but it never even occurred to me to send my ex one until I saw your post.

M - 9 1/2 years
5/5/16 - Bomb drop - 3 week EA
10/31/16 - We sold house
01/10/18 - D Finalized
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Happy Mother's day to you beautiful ladies! BTTFLY, yes, there is certainly is a reason why we are free from them. I am so sorry you weren't acknowledged at all after all that time and all you do. Have you considered amending your D agreement so no matter who's weekend you have mother's day, and he has father's day? We have that in our weekend and it works well.

C-nut. My ex may dislike me, and I may dislike him, and we may never ever want to be eachother's spouses again, but we went through IVF together. he had his nuts cut open to have our baby, I went through the IVF procedure many, many shots, the hormones, the procedures, we almost lost her early on, I had an early delivery with complications......

We may hate eachtoher, but what both have done to bring her into this world, should be respected by each other. It was disrespected with the affair, sure, but it's the one thing I hold hope out for after all these years. That he will me honor me as our daughter's mother if anything. But I never gotten a thank you for all you do for our daughter(and we must both admit I raise the child)

perhaps it's the one last thing I stay attached to and hold out some sort of hope and expectation for. But I guess if it hasn't happened in 10 years, it isn't going to happen now.

I am having a bad day at work. irate family member, a Social worker who is blaming things on me where blame doesn't belong, and I found out I need to come in on a Sunday, which happens to be my birthday and My daughter's dance dress rehearsal. So, screw me.

I think I am going to not start another thread for a while. It's too depressing.

job Offline

Last edited by job; 05/17/18 03:53 AM. Reason: added link to new thread

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard