Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
D
DnJ Online
D
Originally Posted by sjohns6
I still feel so torn over whether to wait this thing out or move on. I mean I know all the things I need to do for myself, but I feel like it wouldn't take much to shift my thinking and just be done with her, whether she comes around or not. I have loved her most of my life, but how can I be with someone who can leave me like that...as if we meant nothing. That isn't love, and even if she comes back around, do I want to be with someone who is capable of doing that? I'm not capable of that and how do I know that if she comes back around at some point she won't do it again. I love her enough to wait, but I'm just not sure if I should.

Those are all valid feelings and thoughts.

Gerda is correct, you do not need to decide anything right now.

I understand the torn feeling between waiting and moving on. So maybe do both. Stand and move forward.

You are right it probably wouldn’t take much to shift your thinking and be done with her. But would it hold? How long until it shifted back? When you want to change your thinking do it for you. Make changes not in an effort to be done with her, make changes for the betterment of yourself. Those will hold. Those will last.

Feeling and thoughts, so fleeting. Give it time, feelings do change. Allow your beliefs to form, you will find answers and direction.

Feelings are fleeting.
Be better, not bitter.
Love the person, forgive the sin.
G
G
sjohn,I am not a pillar of anything! I just take all my fear, despair, bitterness, vengefulness to God and cry and scream and beg it all out to Him. I do this every day, sometimes many times a day. And in return for that obedience, He gives me some peace and clarity in between, and that is what you are seeing.

I believe I will see the bounty of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord with courage.
Be stouthearted, and wait for the Lord.
job Offline

Last edited by job; 07/23/18 08:32 PM. Reason: added link to new thread

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard