Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
W
W
FWIW, I totally agree with the others.

Why cause yourself the stress of living under the same roof for whatever reason? I've learned many things through this process, but I think the main one is:

If what I do, what I say or what I ask is going to stress or upset me in any way, I won't do it.

I can honestly say he did me a favour moving out at BD, I don't want to witness his madness.

A
Adios Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thanks for the opinions everyone.

I agree with you all that it's not a good idea. If finances weren't a factor I would not be thinking this way. As it is, I have to think carefully about all purchases and sometimes I barely have enough for essentials and groceries.

I know I need a roommate. At 65, that thought alone is so depressing. I can do it but it's going to be very hard to share my home with a stranger with their own personal quirks.

Living with H again could be even harder. There is an OW (long distance) and he talks up to 2 hours a day with her on the phone. If he called or took calls, and if he isolated himself in his part of the house then I thought I could handle it.

My gut (intuition) tells me loudly it's a bad idea. I think there is an emotional aspect operating here and I have to wonder if I am in the Bargaining Stage. Very likely.

All around its a bad idea and it's off the table. Thanks for the input - you all helped me put this in it's proper perspective.

job Offline
I agree w/the others in regards to suggesting that your h move back in and be a roommate. You have not idea what type of person he is now and he could be a mild mannered one or he could be completely off the wall acting out. You don't needed the added stress. If you opt to get a roommate, check around. There could be someone your own age looking for a place to stay, a college student or even an exchange student would be better than having your h under the same roof.

My xh lived under the same roof w/me for 7 months and I can say one thing...it was like walking on eggshells and never knowing when he was going to explode in anger and the PA behavior didn't help one bit.

New Thread:

I want to Stand, but think it's hopelsss.

Last edited by job; 12/18/17 06:10 AM. Reason: added link to new thread

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard