Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Kyh #2830550 01/01/19 01:18 PM
job Offline
Happy New Year to you and your family. I hope you are doing okay.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Kyh #2831389 01/06/19 05:59 AM
K
Kyh Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Thanks Job, I’m doing good.

Gordie, I have a few things going on and also had/have a couple of slipped discs in my neck which are giving me trouble. The neurologist said he thought I could put off surgery for a few years but I would like to altogether if possible.

Ex was texting me a lot at the beginning of the week, not really for for anything important, and was really friendly one night when she stopped to get things of the kids. I’m thinking she will get quiet again since the holidays are over.

Kyh #2831870 01/09/19 12:02 AM
G
G
Kyh

That sounds really painful

I hope you have a good doc and second opinions

How are you and the kids

Gordie 40s W 40s M20+ kids
2016 BD W fantasy affair w OM1 I do everything wrong
2017 I start to DB W says TLTL files for D PA w OM2
2018 I do LRT W drops filing and OM2 situation slowly improving
Kyh #2832135 01/10/19 06:29 AM
K
Kyh Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Thanks for asking Gordie. The kids are doing good in school and are doing well in general. I think they’ve adapted/adapt pretty well but I know they’re scarred. Mentally I’m doing good, probably better than ever. Physically I’ve been slowed down a lot since the end of Sumer but feeling better as I give myself time. We had a nice holiday season and I got some much needed time off I spent with the kids. We worked in two trips to see my parents and grandparents which was nice yet stressful.

Kyh #2832152 01/10/19 01:10 PM
B
B
Hi Kyh - ouch on the slipped discs. Very uncomfortable indeed - my best friend/brother from another mother has same - he's found relief in CBD oil. Def. echo getting second opinions, etc.

Glad you had some good down time with the kids. xoxoxo

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
Kyh #2832639 01/14/19 04:57 AM
K
Kyh Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Hi bttrfly,

I’ve found CBD very helpful as well. Yoga has been helping a lot too.

Journaling a little. Tonight at dinner d asked me for a picture of her mom and I together. It really made me realize where they’re at, still missing our family together. I had a nice silly one of us with the kids when they were litttle I had taken down so we hung it in their upstairs room (they have rooms downstairs but prefer to share another). Both kids were really happy with it!

Kyh #2848918 05/12/19 04:06 PM
K
Kyh Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Hi everyone, I was thinking of quite a few people here this morning and thought I would stop by and wish you all a Happy Mother’s Day!!

Kyh #2863756 09/02/19 04:32 AM
K
Kyh Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Hello, I haven't posted in quite a while but still stop by and catch up on some of the familiar names. I'm doing pretty well but have had a lot going on and time seems to be flying by. My kids went back to school last week and are doing well overall. This is son's first year at a new 5th/6th grade school which is a big change for him and IDK how he is doing so far. He's had a bully on the bus. From what he told me it's a jerk kid on the bus but with ASD little things are much bigger things to S. They seem to be adapted to the 50/50 schedule alright for the most part but the switch days can still be tough. I do struggle with them trying to keep up in the house. I wonder if they live in a laundry hamper at their moms.

I see ex on the regular and we get along but this whole thing is weird. I have no feelings for her any longer (it feels great!) and I'm just glad we are getting along and she isn't monstering at me any longer. She is with the same bf as last year (maybe getting engaged) and it really has been good for me. I don't know this person so anything I think about him is really about me.

I still struggle with GAL. IDK how much is me and how much is being a single parent at this age, people being online, etc. I have my kids every other week+ and it seems like on my off weeks I get sent out of town at least one or two nights. I'm worn out and burnt out at work, and trying to stay positive. Going from the cool mountain air to the humid hot air and time change doesn't help either. I feel like all I do is work and take care of kids, don't get me wrong, it's a privilege to raise my kids but I'm out of balance. I made a FB profile just for a single parents page that moved there from meetup but my weeks usually fall opposite and there is a lot less going on there after people's drama. I certainly see why the 2nd divorce rate is 60%.

For any newcomers that may be reading this it really does get better with time. I remember reading that but now it has a new meaning. I wouldn't go back to my old self for anything!

I deleted quite a bit writing this because I wasn't sure this is the right section. I think I am going to start a new thread in Surviving the Big D as it is more fitting for where I'm at now.

Last edited by Kyh; 09/02/19 04:35 AM.
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard