Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
L
L
Dear Irish
Happy new year....
Reading along and I just really wonder how these mlcers think. Addition definitely affects their feelings and emotions. They always feel sorry for themselves and have no empathy to anyone else. They consider themselves in pain alone while everyone else is happy.

The problem is they are not faking it they are really in emotional distrust that they inflicted on themselves but unfortunately they can’t see it. Hence all the made up stories are to justify their stories.

I do believe now that nothing we can do can wake them up. It is a decision they have to do. I just we we can treat them as a sick stranger without judgement .

Something I am so much struggling at right now. Because of all the history we had with them and we had known them to be something else in the past.

When I look at lbs in general we are at a much better place couple of years after the issue cause we faced one of the most difficult situations in life and survived. It needs sometime but get better but for them I wonder if they can forget and move on for ever.

Keep posting...

M 45 H 45
D1 12 D2 9
BD 04/14
Living two different state
Not officially separated
I
Irish M Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Hi Lana
Yes us LBS are in a better place. As for the MLC . I’m not sure any of them can be truly happy. We don’t hear much from them sadly.

So D17 started college. A semester late but she’s in. So excited for her. We did a few trial runs on the bus and subway to town. She never went into the city alone. She did great as I stood way back. The next 2 times she went solo like a preadult.

She texted me that first day alone.

“Dad, I feel so grown up. “

“Well you are D17. My baby has grown up. I’m so proud.xx”

Then a “thanks Dad, for being there for me through all this. Love you”

Let’s just say that made my year 2018.

I’ve been working too much and some out of town trips . Most of which is this week. So glad my parents are there for Support. Girls are doing great . I drove 6 hours there and back to sleep one night at home yesterday. Just to touch base and make sure they had what they needed. All good and movie night with them.

Also a funny thing happened yesterday. It was XW’s birthday. Girls didn’t mention it. And I only realized it because it’s also my brothers birthday. So it actually went unnoticed.

One thing I’m glad of . XW didn’t send them any messages like the last 2 years .
The ones where she says they need to respect her. She’s entitled to a happy birthday because she is afterall their mom.

I’m back home this Sunday with no travels for a few weeks. Miss my girls

Hope you are all good . Thinking of you all. Xox

M51
XW43 (38 at bd)
BD1 MAY 30 2015
BD2 JUNE 25 2015 by text
moved out Aug 2 2015
left both Daughters 13 and 15 (now 18-20)
Her divorce Final July 26 2016
Last time she saw her kids Aug 2 2015
job Offline
Congratulations to your daughter! She may be a semester late, but she got in and she's going to do great. She's going to enjoy college and making new friends along the way. She's growing up and realizes that you are a very special man. She knows that you've been there for her, as well as her sister.

Irish, you are a wonderful father and your girls know it. Your support will not be forgotten by your daughters. You have so much to be proud of.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
O
O
Irish how are you. Can you give us an update on your sitch.

OLW

I
Irish M Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Hi OLW

Well we (myself and the girls), are doing fine. No real change with our situation as XW is now but a shadow of our past.

The girls don't bring her up and I have no reason to.

D17 is now a proud license owner. She is using my Jeep once in a while. I am looking to get her a small starter car for her 18th birthday.

D15 is doing great as well. Focusing more on school than on boys. We are expecting a call from the hospital anytime now to have a follow up scan to last years scare. Her cyst in her brain has caused little to no reaction this year. Which is good. Still, I am looking forward to having it done and putting it behind us.

We are heading out this week to Memphis. Visit with the King ( still alive i know). If I see him, I'll say hi. After all he hit 42 and maybe a MLC'r.He left everything to be a DEA.Has a badge to prove it. Went under cover. I mean how crazy is that lol, but it would answer that old question of if he is still alive.

After that heading to Nashville. Johnny Cash fan here.

Hope you are all well. I've been MIA myself for a few weeks.
I'll catch up when I get back.

ohhh. St Patricks day soon. Cheers to you all. Raise a pint to all of us survivors.

M51
XW43 (38 at bd)
BD1 MAY 30 2015
BD2 JUNE 25 2015 by text
moved out Aug 2 2015
job Offline
Have a wonderful trip and travel safely.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
I
Irish M Offline OP
OP Offline
I

M51
XW43 (38 at bd)
BD1 MAY 30 2015
BD2 JUNE 25 2015 by text
moved out Aug 2 2015
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard