Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
C
CW2017 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Hi Steve
Thanks for that great insight! For what it's worth, although clearly there is still some codependency there, what I did last week was merely for info as I feel no current need to do any more checking and have not felt like doing so since June. It will all come out in the wash. We just had 10 MC sessions last year but it dawned on me some time later that it was essentially a waste of time although I did get a great insight into her psyche. She knows somethings up as I could not look her in the eye at one point so watch this space! Best

Me 55, W 50
D 8
M 20
T 27
MIL w/ us
BD 01/02/17
workplace A (12/09/16, EA -> PA)
OM senior manager, long term W, child 14
now: limbo (my choice)

"Don't care what you may do, we got that attitude!" - Bad Brains
C
CW2017 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
PS from what I discovered a year ago it was almost a case of pursuing on both sides as clearly they were both so unhappy in both their marriages (sarcasm)

Me 55, W 50
D 8
M 20
T 27
MIL w/ us
BD 01/02/17

A
A
Originally Posted By: CW2017
Thank you all. Artista I have always taken on board your great advice but on this occasion I really want to hold back until first communion as there is family coming to stay etc. I have had no problem with confronting previously. I see analogies with your own sitch in that she wants both setups. She said last year he would not be leaving his wife (he has a lot to lose including a ginormous house). Unless there is some sort of dastardly plan in place I also refer back to our first confrontation when she said she would never leave me. Any views on the "practicalities" of my sitch?

she has not had her great awakening... her scared to death of losing you moment... i understand that you have company coming and all, but she gets to continue pretending that everything is great... people admire the "closeness" of the two of you... she could go on like that forever... i believe your marriage could be saved if you would take a strong stand against her gall... let's see... she got to celebrate her 20th Wedding Anniversary, she gets to bring home a birthday card with everyone's signature including OM... she gets to host a lovely First Communion Celebration as though all is well... imagine that! a First Holy Communion Celebration while in the throes of adultery... she is shameless... no--she has NO SHAME!... she gets to do all the nice wifey, mommy stuff while meeting OM for a romp in the sheets at a hotel--lingerie and all... btw, i am surprised you haven't found 6-inch heels...

and so long as you don't make a fuss, she's got it good... OM has it good...

i'm sorry, CW... you remind me so much of my H... so when you are ready to make your move, i will be here...

--artista

C
CW2017 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Outstanding advice, yet again. Ideally I just want something more concrete in terms of ammunition for the next conversation as I've already had the "I know" one. Don't worry it will happen as the feelings of utter disgust are certainly rising now and sometimes I find it hard to even look her in the eye. Even if the hotel map "clue" is a red herring and is indeed a coincidence (would have been better to have all map info for that day) it doesn't really matter anyway.

Me 55, W 50
D 8
M 20
T 27
MIL w/ us
BD 01/02/17

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis