Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
I
Island Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Thank you guys - just needed to get it off my chest today - feeling very low.

He has just messaged to say "The psychologists was good today actually and we talked about a lot. My unhappiness, anger issues, depression and confusion. He believes I'm definatley depressed and he's given me some excersises to try, like meditation and self reflection. I'm going to give it a go. But he's also asked that we try not talking until just before my next session on Tuesday next week. Then we can go back to talking more. He wants to see if we can communicate better after me doing the meditation and reflection. It kind of makes sense I guess" -

Does anyone know if that sounds right? Maybe I am just being paranoid that he doesnt want to talk to me, maybe it is the truth... don't know what way is up today. Thank you sincerely for listening though and taking time to respond.

T
T
That's a tough one, Island. I'm so sorry you are struggling today.

Personally, it sounds weird to me. I hate to say it but I suspect OW.

But then again, he could be telling the truth.

The point is that's there's not a darn thing you can do about it. Worrying yourself sick will not change the outcome. Start looking inward. What can you do to start protecting your heart? That's the only thing you have any control over.

It took me so long to surrender to what was happening with my WAW. Sometimes I still struggle with it. But I have gotten so much better at it with practice. And it does get easier, you just have to ride those anxious and heartbroken feelings out.

Surrender to the fact your H is going to do whatever he feels like doing. And you talking to him about it, watching his Facebook etc is not going to make him change his ways.

J
J
I'm so sorry you're going thru that.

I don't think there's any way to know what's true.

I agree with Thornton, though, in that there's nothing you can do about it. Detach as best you can.

From my experience, even when my wife was almost suicidally depressed, she did still go to pubs, and the cinema, so it's not terribly farfetched.

M:23 T:26
Me:53, Wife: 60
S:18
D:16
filed 7/16
W moved out 4/28/17
I
Island Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Hi guys, so another month has passed me by. This month has been full of up's and downs. I've been GAL and having fun with friends, but I still miss him more than i should.

He has called 2x a week as normal - sometimes the conversations have been good, sometimes not. Last week was particularly hard - he sobbed through both conversations without ever really saying why. My birthday was this Monday - maybe that had something to do with it.....

He sent me flowers on my birthday - the funny thing is in 10 years he has only ever sent me flowers once before and that was when he was being sent away for 2 months for work. The note was sweet - it said that he loves and misses me..... I am trying not to read to much into it, but at the end of the day I miss my H and I love him still.

He is going on a course week after next and needs somethings sent from here to the UK - we have a friend who is going on vacay to the UK and has offered to take a bag over for him. This morning i received a list of his things that he wants me to pack for him. I don't know why, but this really got to me.... does he not think that going through all his things, packing it up and sending it away is painful for me? Like more permanent....maybe I am being silly, i dont know.

He says his sessions with his doctor are good, but doesn't go into detail as he says it is very draining..... I have not talked about our relationship or marriage in a long while, but i did ask the other day how he feels about it and he said exactly the same thing as he did months ago - that he doesn't know. Months have gone by, and he doesn't know......

I know I would still do anything to save our marriage.... am i being silly? Should i just give up??

Well besides me feeling a little low today, nothing really new to report, no movement in any direction.......

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard