Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
H
H
Quote:
I know for me, I explained away all kinds of issues with the first few people I went out with after D. I was so low that it was so exciting to feel wanted or to feel valued that honestly, he other person could have said or done anything and Id have been head over heels.

^^^^^^^THIS!

When you are a LBS in this sitch, after the rejection and pain you have felt, to go out and get ANY interest from a member of the opposite sex is INTOXICATING. I found this out a few weeks back when I went out with friends (I currently am dealing with a WW who is in an A that she wont end) and, for the first time since BD in January, just allowed myself to relax, have fun, talk to people, "work the room" etc. I have always been (or at least used to be, back in the day) a fairly gregarious sort and can be a fun conversationalist. I found myself talking to and meeting numerous people, several of the opposite sex, some of whom were quite interesting in flirting, at least. I was simply blown away, ego stoked, etc., and almost, ALMOST let myself get carried away. Not that I would have "done anything", but even flirting can go too far and can result in people getting the wrong idea and/or feelings being hurt, etc. I had to briefly remind myself that I was still married, still committed to saving that marriage, etc. etc. (Though I am not wearing my ring, currently) And intoxicated rush was just with a few random females, none of whom I would have said were "girl of my dreams" candidates. I cant imagine how hard it would have been had someone truly "interesting" crossed my path.

You need to be very careful. Your emotions have been and quite probably are still in turmoil. Consider the possibilities that 1) you are not relationship ready right now 2) Even if you are, now might not be the right time and 3) you have unfinished business with and arguably moral/ethical obligations to your spouse (to whom you are still legally married).

Last edited by Cadet; 05/31/17 03:36 PM. Reason: Start a new thread message

H53/W51, R-ing 4/'18

"Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires"-Sg.of Sg 2:7

"So oftentimes it happens,that we live our lives in chains, & we never even know we have the key"-Eagles III 1:3
C
C

Me-70, D37,S36
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard