Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
M
M
Hi! Helies' advice is very insightful! I also feel better when i know he won't be at home because I organize things only according to me! I guess it because I haven't detached so much...

F
FightOn Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Good morning Helies and Marye - thank you for your responses.
I appreciate the sharing of your experiences. I know when my H is gone, working late, or God knows where, I do like it better. I feel more free.

Helies, I read your post on LALost's thread about control. I don't think I ever truly had insight as to why I felt the need to have control over the situation, but when I read your response a light went off. I grew up in an abusive household as well and having a sense of control/mindreading allowed me to feel some level of stability. I felt like I could predict/avoid the chaos.

I see my need for that now and I see how it has come about. Now if I could just learn to let it go completely. Lol!

I am feeling very melancholy today. In my mind I am trying to figure things out. I keep searching for answers that will likely never come. I hate that.

O
O
I personally think melancholy is good. It is better than fence sitting. I think it means you are processing and trying to get somewhere. I am melancholy too. I think I'm done with the old marriage and the H who was part of making my life a living hell for the last 7 years (me of course being the other integral part).

I wanted to mind read last night about why he didn't respond to my text. Why he texted D instead letting her know he had received my text. Why he waited until this morning to actually "read" my text. But nope. Guess what. Don't know and don't care. Whatever I come up with is probably wrong anyway.

Instead, this was my walk away, given that he still can't behave like a "normal" person, as in read my text right away (since his phone is glued to his hand 24/7) and actually answer me, he definitely is having some feeling about me (I don't know what it is), but I will take it.

Do something wonderful today for yourself. One thing. Something you never do. Honor your strength and your struggle. Reward your hard work. I haven't decided what mine will be, but it will be something.

job Offline
Please start a new thread and link this one to your new one. Since I am locking this thread, I'll link your new thread to this one.

Thanks!

New Thread:

Flotsam

Last edited by job; 03/24/17 12:23 PM. Reason: Added link to new thread

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard