Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
Vanilla #2720350 12/10/16 04:08 PM
S
S
Wait. There's a tread party and you didn't invite me? What??? Who's bringing the cheesecake?

Sorry, Ginger......

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
SunnyB #2720377 12/10/16 09:36 PM
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Since there is a party on my thread.......

I will gather you all around to hear about my adventures in OLD. Grab a drink for this one!

So this guy was free tonight, so we decided to meet up for a drink. He was ok looking, but maybe a little weird, but very nice, I thought maybe, something different from what I am used to. He sort of comes out with the big gun questions. he learns I am divorced and why. So on his profile it says he is unmarried, but he was in a relationship for 10 years. So I asked him about it.

Get ready......

He tell me the relationship was with GOD. He was a priest for 10 years and left the ministry in June. I was a little taken aback..... I listened and remained open minded, but I really don't know what to make of it.

Was there a connection there for me? No. I thought maybe a preist might be a little different, but he managed to call me "Hot" during the date and he went in for the kiss.

He wants to see me again. I left just feeling empty.

I'm thinking "That feeling" is never coming back.
/
Best part of my day? I went for Thai food with my friend. I had my cheat meal which was so incredibly delicious. I'm still dreaming of the meal. You tend to enjoy good food so much more when you can only have on meal of whatever you want a week.

cheesecake. I would love a cheesecake and some brownies right now.

Ginger1 #2720403 12/11/16 06:41 AM
job Offline
I'm sorry the date didn't turn out quite as you expected. I would feel a bit odd if someone dropped that news on me that he had left the priesthood. If you feel empty about the date, then I would say let it go. The feeling will return, but it may take some time.

I'm glad you enjoyed your time out w/your friend and had some good Thai food.

I do hope that your daughter have begun to decorate for the holiday and are enjoying some quality time while doing so. The new year is right around the corner and hopefully things will look much brighter for you. Stay positive and have faith!

Also, it's time to start a new thread. I'll be happy to link your threads for you.

job #2720404 12/11/16 06:55 AM
W
W
so did you ask him why he betraying God...just kidding! But someone who has just left the priesthood is in a major life transition. He's probably not date for a long time...hey, kind of like me lol. Any coffee date I've ever been on, the lady ALWAYS hits me with the biggie questions. In fact, last weekend I picked up a couple of the Filipino ladies for our church Xmas Party and one of them mentioned that I'd had a Filipino gf and one of the new ladies asked "Whatis, if it's not too personal, what happened to your relationship?" We hung out at the party together and took some silly, fun photos. Anyway, it's ok not to feel "the feeling" with the guy, it's a meet and that's what it's for. What I find encouraging is that these guys seem to always want to move the date up which means you're desirable...they WANT to meet you. Hang in there G, it's kind of like job hunting, it takes patience and lots of stamina and you've got both...oh, and you're hot smile !

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
whatisis #2720468 12/11/16 02:42 PM
job Offline
New Thread:

Bah-Humbug

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard