Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
J
JujuB Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hahah

Here's something I just read that's very funny...it said that negative thinkers like to take long hot showers and drink lots of hot tea.

That's me!!!

Something about substituting physical warmth for emotional warmth.

(Found that little fact in some Google negative thinking very interesting)

M: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
WAH in summer
job Offline
JujuB,

Please start a new thread. Thanks!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
J
J
Originally Posted By: JujuB
Hahah

Here's something I just read that's very funny...it said that negative thinkers like to take long hot showers and drink lots of hot tea.

That's me!!!

Something about substituting physical warmth for emotional warmth.

(Found that little fact in some Google negative thinking very interesting)

This me too JujuB, negative thinker, constant rumination, and showers and tea!! LOL.

I feel your angst and frustration with letting go of the negative thinking. It was my comfort for many years. I don't know what changed for me, but I think I realized that it was easy to focus on what makes me happy and doing that, rather that stop thinking negatively which seemed overwhelming.

When started thinking in every moment is this thought making me happier and more joyful or is it taking away from my sense of that. Thoughts are easier to let go when you stop them in their tracks.

I did a mental toughness course in February last year and it was completely focussed on catching your thoughts in the moment. The facilitator talked about the need to have the remote control to your own thoughts and at any time you can choose to change the channel, if you don't like what your seeing and feeling. He talked about the fact that often we also give our remote controls and let others determine our thoughts and feelings.

Look I am not expert on this, I still have my training wheels on this one. It's work in progress, some days are better than others. I did alot of reading- particularly around Positive Psychology, which is a practice of psychology that focus's not on an individuals deficits, instead building on their personal strengths and resiliences.

Optimisim can be learned JujuB, and that is comforting for the pessimists amoungst us.

New Thread:

The excitement of what if

Last edited by job; 02/02/17 10:53 AM. Reason: Added link to new thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard