Hi Brizz,

The pain does get better with time. But I do think it will be a LONG time before its really gone. I still find myself being tearful from time to time. I do get triggered and start feeling angry and resentful. There are times when I can't look my W in the face and when I don't want to touch her.
But at the same time, there are now many times where we are able to do things together and really enjoy each others company, laugh and have a good time without thoughts of the A coming into my mind.
All in all, I think my M is going well. Its a lot of hard work but a M is worth saving if it can be. It will require tremendous effort from both parties.

If your W's A has ended due to the OM confessing to his W, I imagine she will come crawling back if you've left the door open for her. It may happen quickly (took less than a week w my W) or it could take much longer.
My advice to you would be to try and save your M. You must be at least a little interested in that or you would not be on this site. However, do NOT be quick to take her back. You need to continue to work on your GAL and 180's.
She must EARN her right to be back in the M. That does NOT mean that you should be cruel to her or try to shame her because of what she did. You should not hold it over her head. But she needs to realize that she has lost her M because of her choices and that she must work hard to build a new M with you.

Me: 48 y/o
W: 47 y/o
Together: > 20 yrs
BD: Dec '15, then S
2nd BD: Mar '16, then I filed for D
April '16: started piecing