Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
F
ForGump Offline OP
OP Offline
F
She does not deserve me.

I made a mistake marrying her.

I have always been above her level in character.

I am proud of who I am, and all that I've done for my kids.

My W is mentally ill. She will not seek treatment unless she hits rock bottom, and even when that happens, she still might not. Without treatment, she is and can be a decent partner for short periods of time. But over the long term, especially once the honeymoon period is over, she will be a very poor partner to anyone.

Me: 50, MLC/WW 45
Young kids
Nov 2015: BD1
Apr 2016: BD2
Jan 2017: W filed
Feb 2017: D final
S
S
ForGump,

She is still getting to you isn't she?

Okay, so if you feel she is going down this route of separating and divorce, you can just let her - i.e. Let her go. You don't have to stop caring - and I don't think you want to. You can still show your S8 and D12 what a good parent is and be solid as a Dad and a Man.

When my WW left with kids. My life improved considerably - immediately. Why? the monster was gone. You know the monster that lays the carpet of eggshells for you, the one that spews, the one that lies, manipulates, is resentful, disrespectful, the one that tears about all you truly care for. That Monster.

I now look at it that, at worst, I have lots of time to have fun and focus on work and me. When I have the kids, its is me and them time. Our relationship is getting stronger. I get the impression, my WW is on the verge of the "oh sh!t, what have I done, scenario". I am going to wait as she goes through this. It will happen I am sure. She is probably so stubborn/lost whatever that perhaps she might not realise or react. But that's fine too. I just need to make me and the kids happy.

Like you I don't know if my W is a WW that pretended to be a W or a W that became and WW and can or can not change back??? You will need to speak to Sandi or someone more qualified on that. I would be very, very interested in the outcome. But from what I read, I think resentment causes the WW character.

Your has different issues to mine. A vet may be able to clarify the impact of these. But looking at a basic W to WW, this is all about disrespect and resentment. Working on your lets them see you (lighthouse stuff). Also, I noticed when my W left, she could no longer see me to focus on her perceived negatives of me.

Just thoughts my friend. Keep reading, don't make any knee jerk reactions. Sleep on it. Walk away from the board for a few days. GAL have fun. Recharge. Be you!!!

Surfer.

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2701165#Post2701165

Last edited by Cadet; 09/01/16 03:54 AM. Reason: Link

M46/W40/D8/S6/T20/M12/Separated 6/2016,W takes kids
Issues2009
Wpartying w/g.f's2013on
EA2013PAdeniedWleavesMBR
ImeetAP/EAhalts
VariousBDDates
MFCourse
WSpew
EAresumes I halt
Wrages
DBIng4/2016