Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
C
C
Q...

It is hard.

You have to feel it though.

Listen to the others, it does get better.

I too said much of what you are saying about the vows and whatnot.

The problem with the anger, if you hold onto it, you become bitter.

And bitter is not good for anyone in this situation.

It takes time. You will get there.

Your kids are watching. They need to see an example of how to survive and thrive through adversity. That is how they will learn to overcome the adversities that they will face as they grow.

If it wasn't this...it would be something.

It does get better.

Last edited by Cadet; 09/07/16 07:40 AM. Reason: Start a new thread message

"Acceptance doesn't mean resignation. It means understanding that something is what it is and there's got to be a way through it."--Michael J. Fox
G
G
I understand the vows thing, and I am very pro marriage. I believe in doing everything before divorce is the next step. I've learned so much about marriage through being divorced for so many years at a time people are really just started being married around me. But none of that is the point right now.

The point is, change what you can, like mach said.

You can sit there and say and talk about how unfair it is. (and I am not preaching, I got stuck there way longer than I should have been).

If you want 50/50 custody, you can try to change that. take your time to mourn, mull over the unfairness, but just don't stay stuck there too long. It hurts no body but you, and after a while, there will be no to blame but you for that one.

Trust me, been there, done that.

Last edited by Cadet; 09/07/16 08:42 AM. Reason: as per post - fixed edit
C
C
Ginger,

Just wanted to say I'm proud of you. And it was a noticed difference this summer. smile

"Acceptance doesn't mean resignation. It means understanding that something is what it is and there's got to be a way through it."--Michael J. Fox
C
C

Me-70, D37,S36
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard