Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
P
P
Hey Andrew,

Glad to hear that the anniversary went better than expected. I have always found that the build up to something was actually worse than the actual event, mainly because of my mind (ie an anniversary or any special day that was upcoming). Glad to hear your experience seemed to be somewhat similar.

I see you quoting people saying 'give up'. I haven't found anyone saying that but I could have missed it. The point is definitely not to give up unless that is what you want to do. I have never 'given up' in 13+ months.

I noticed you replied to gump and said way back when you liked to cycle to relax. You mean biking? I don't think you have mentioned that before... is that something you would be interested in doing again.

Hang in there...

Last edited by Cadet; 08/14/16 06:23 AM. Reason: Start a new thread message
A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
ForGump - thanks for responding. I took a brief look at the available documentation for those two conditions and can pretty much say that W is not affected by them although narcissism certainly runs in her family. They all like being the centre of attention and will usually direct any conversation to be about them. For W as well she would often seek out validation and praise from me. I used to get frustrated with W when for example she would brag about "doing the dishes" when all that had been done was half of them were washed and left sitting in the drying rack. I would "of course" make positive noises about what she accomplished.

Additionally infidelity "runs" in her family with all of her siblings, her father and at least one niece having been unfaithful on multiple occasions.

More and more I come to realize that it was not a question of "if" W would have been unfaithful, just "when" and it perhaps is surprising that it took so long. The more I reflect and the longer she is away from me too I wonder if her coming back would be good for me. I've actually wondered that for quite a long time.

P.S. - I did talk to S22 yesterday and never asked once about W even when he mentioned that he had seen her and that she had given him an early birthday present.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
A
AndrewP Offline OP
OP Offline
A
New thread - tougher this time to come up with a new title for it.

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2696641&#Post2696641

pinn - yes - it was bicyling. These days I do a lot of walking instead which is more suited to the rural environment I live in.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard