Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
K
Kyh Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Been kind of a rough week. S is still sick, he just started to get a little better this evening. Hopefully he will be better tomorrow and can go back to school the following day, poor guy. Neither of us has got much sleep. I took him to the dr this weekend and got him anti nausea meds but as soon as they wear off he's been getting sick again.

W was back Sunday afternoon, d gave her the gifts we got and the cake we made the day before. W was happy and thanked me, I think the kids and I did a good job, not too much but she really liked her gifts. We were going to go to dinner but I ordered pizza since s was sick, I felt bad for him he couldn't have anything. W came over the next morning and took d to school and then watched s so I had a couple hours to run into my office. We had a nice morning, she really wanted to help take care of s, and she left to go to a job interview at lunch time. I was really supportive as she was stressed. She came back after and told me she got the job. I congratulated her and asked if I could hug her, she said yes she needed to hug someone. We talked quite awhile, she was really excited and told me about how her job wasn't going the best now and how her bosses kept having her take new people out and split commission when she was doing all the work and then they would quit after a few weeks and that she wasn't happy with them. She asked me several times what I thought she should do about where to live and mentioned several times about how she didn't know how she was going to move back, how she didn't have help, and how she didn't have much money. I mostly just listened and just said to let me know if I can do something for her.

We've been talking this week, mostly about s but she told me she is planning on staying with her friend here to save up some money. So the kids are going to be staying at my house and she will come over, take them out, etc on her weeks and they'll stay here. Hopefully this will work good for the kids.

Listening to w while she's been here has been a little strange at times but it's been nice. Sometimes it's like the old her, sometimes not. She is now unhappy with her bosses who encouraged her in her mlc, she has been more friendly with the pets, she mentioned how much the kids have grown a few times, and she talks frequently about being/getting old. I can see she is back to around 15, the time when her family moved across the country. I know at this age she hung out with a friend listening to music and smoking cigarettes. She is now listening to the same music and smoking cigarettes with her new friend, it's like she went back and replaced her old friend she left. She even told me she's been playing her guitar again, literally saying I've relearned x song that I played when I was 15 and hung out with x.

She wants some time with the kids this weekend so I'm going to make sure to do something for myself and stay busy. Still trying to keep my expectations at zero while being calm, consistent and supportive.

job Offline
I am sorry to read that your son is still sick. I do hope he's feeling better today.

I'm glad W came back over and enjoyed her gifts and cake. It sounds like she's finally settling down and bit and wants to spend time w/the children and doesn't have an issue w/spending time w/you as well. Sounds like she's been doing some serious thinking if she's willing to move closer and not disrupt the children's lives by uprooting them every couple of weeks. Her plan can work, but you'll need to make sure that you don't have anything lying around that you don't want her to see when she's over there during her visitation time, if you are out for a period of time.

You are doing a great job of being patient, compassionate and yes, willing to work around her crazy making. Keep up the good work!

P.S. Time to start a new thread.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
B
B
Hi Kyh,
Just catching up after several weeks of holidays and then eye problems.
That's wonderful news about the custody, I'm very happy for you! Also good that your w is back in town & that you are able to have some nice conversations. Although, that may make it more difficult for you in terms of 0 expectations & detachment. I have similar issue now.
Keep up the good work & I hope your s is fine by now. Was also happy to see that kids stayed in the same school. That's great!

M: 41
H: 50
2S: 13 & 15
H moved out Feb 2016
job Offline
Kyh,

Please start a new thread.

BTW, I hope that your son is feeling much better today.

The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
K
Kyh Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Thanks Bee and Job.

I will have to start a new thread when I get a chance. I just popped on the site while I went to grab a bite to eat. S started having breathing trouble and more issues Wednesday night. I took him to the pediatrician who sent me straight to the Er and then to the Children's hospital for surgery. He has pneumonia in his right lung and we've been in Icu for the last few days, hopefully we will get out tonight or tomorrow and home next week so I probably won't be posting for awhile. He's doing well but has some recovering to do.

job Offline
I am keeping you and your family, especially your son, in my thoughts and prayers. Give him plenty of hugs and kisses from us.

New Thread:

Try Not To Think Too Far Ahead

Last edited by job; 09/14/16 06:20 AM.

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard