Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
R
Ralph88 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Vanilla posted a description of WW earlier. This description reminds me very much of the dsm5 descriptions of both narsissist and dependent personality disorders. Or at the least V description with additional observation in my own case do. Is this just a coincidence, in general or just in my case???

Ralph88
Me 40s W 30s, D5 D3 , M7 T9
2013 B drop 1, EA found
2016 B drop 2, EA/PA?
2/16 Physical Seperation
2/16 I filed for D
4/16 PA Confirmed
R
Ralph88 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hello all... I haven't been posting on my own sitch, because to be honest there hasn't been anything to discuss.. I'm just handling me.. STBXW has tossed out some temp checking and R chat discussions, I validate, participate very little and mainly let her text.. To be honest, not really sure why I even entertain her discussions, because my I basically dropped the rope, and kinda don't care.. Now she's asking to have a meeting and a sit down and talk.. I told her I would, but I still really don't care if it even happens or not.. I'm enjoying being away from her.. Guess I'll read through the advice about this sort of meeting.. I really will not be saying much.. Gonna let her talk and see if any real honest, truthful words come from her.. Or any regret or sorrow.. And will not make any decisions at that time... Because if I do, it will probably be to continue on the path towards D...

Ralph88
Me 40s W 30s, D5 D3 , M7 T9
2013 B drop 1, EA found
2016 B drop 2, EA/PA?
2/16 Physical Seperation
2/16 I filed for D
4/16 PA Confirmed
T
T
Originally Posted By: Ralph88
Hello all... I haven't been posting on my own sitch, because to be honest there hasn't been anything to discuss.. I'm just handling me.. STBXW has tossed out some temp checking and R chat discussions, I validate, participate very little and mainly let her text.. To be honest, not really sure why I even entertain her discussions, because my I basically dropped the rope, and kinda don't care.. Now she's asking to have a meeting and a sit down and talk.. I told her I would, but I still really don't care if it even happens or not.. I'm enjoying being away from her.. Guess I'll read through the advice about this sort of meeting.. I really will not be saying much.. Gonna let her talk and see if any real honest, truthful words come from her.. Or any regret or sorrow.. And will not make any decisions at that time... Because if I do, it will probably be to continue on the path towards D...

Ironically it's at the point where you no longer care and truly detach is when she'll want you most. The thing is, it's hard to flip the switch back. You can't fake detachment, you really have to do it. If it works and they want you back then sometimes you find you no longer want them back. I went through that. I was done. Checked out. No longer in love with her. I had to really consciously work at it to regain feelings for her. At the point of detachment I no longer saw my loving wife. I saw a 40-something skank that cheated on her husband and lied to everyone, even her kids. It was hard to be attracted to someone like that.

The future is as bright as you demand it be.
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard