Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
M
M
Di, that looks like a lot of fun. I went to school on Lake Ontario. Is that where you do your dragonboating? I guess it's only a summer thing? Be well

“Character is destiny” Heraclitus
D
Di-mond Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Mutatio,

It is a lot of fun. We also raised money for charity $1000 for the library and usually another $1000 for whatever charity we picked ( Hospital for Sick Kids in Toronto and Gilda's club, a cancer support centre). We paddled on Lake Simcoe, it's an hour north of Toronto. There are some huge Dragonboat Festivals on Lake Ontario and the International Dragonboat Association held qualifying trials for the World Championships on the Welland Canal (close to Niagara Falls) last year in September. If I was 20 years younger I would seriously consider becoming a professional Dragonboater. Now, I would just love to enjoy some time out on the water, be it in a dragonboat, canoe or kayak. And yes we only dragon boat in the summer. Usually, Lake Simcoe is frozen over completely (not his year) and it would be really, really cold out on the water. We are expecting temperatures of minus 30 degrees Celsius this weekend. Brrrr!!!

V,

You should try it!!! I'm sure somewhere in England they have dragonboating. eek .

Di-mond in the rough
M-45 H-38
My children S-25 D-23
T 5 M 4
H left April Fools Day 2015

One day at a time!
M
M
smile I Live in a suburb of NYC, we're practically neighbors.

Please start a new thread - Cadet

Last edited by Cadet; 02/12/16 07:49 AM. Reason: start a new thread message

“Character is destiny” Heraclitus
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard