Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
F
focus22 Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted By: Ancaire
Focus - I like your homework, and I'm going to borrow it for myself. I have no idea what I want in life, other than for it to stop, so I can not be in pain any longer.

I'm smart enough to realize that attitude is going to wind up causing me a great deal of harm. I don't really know what I want to do in life. I've just been existing for so many years. To actually live it? It's a frightening prospect.

However, I think if I take the time to dream a little, I might be able to come up with a plan for where to go, and what to do next. Thanks for sharing your counselors advice. That was pure gold to me!

You're very welcome.

I think I'm going to make mine mostly visual (pictures from magazines) and maybe a couple of quite spiritual quotations as well.

I feel the same way as you, for too long I've just been existing (mainly looking after my H and his career).

I find it easy to do the 'no limits daydreaming' when I'm working on a project at for my business. But for my own self? I have no idea...it feels a bit blank at the moment.

I guess that's not a bad thing though? You don't have to rush to fill the blankness with anything. Just take a bit of time to have a look around, see what's out there that you like, and maybe add a bit of that into your life?

Me: 48, XH: 42
T: 18 years, M: 15 years

EA/PA 1: 6/2012
EA/PA 2: from autumn 2012-present

BD: 5/2013
ILYBNILWY BD & left: 10/2015

OW conceived: 8/2016
Born: 4/2017

H filed: 7/2017
D final: 28/12/2017
job Offline

Last edited by Cadet; 12/29/15 12:57 PM. Reason: Link

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard