Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
2point0 Offline OP
OP Offline
I have had a few good days lately. GAL activities were fantastic and I made plenty of good connections with people. Good fun times.

I went shopping the other day. It was the first time shopping that I didn't feel the misery I have carried for months since BD. Gift and grocery shopping during the holidays was putting me down for a while. Watching everyone in their Xmas sweaters and santa hats was making me depressed and lonely. Not this time. I don't know what has changed. I must be detaching like a champ.

I watched a couple at the store giggling and acting cutesy with themselves. Not long ago it would have caused my eyes to well up and I would have likely left the store empty handed and sad. I expected that to happen but instead watching them brought good memories of W before WW and how we used to do that while rummaging around the stores this time of year.

I find myself going over the good times we shared now. It makes me wonder if WW feels the same. Thinks the same. I know I know it does not should not matter. But you know what it makes me smile instead of frown. It makes me feel happy and not sad. I must be entering a new chapter . . .

P
P
Hey 2point... great to hear about your GAl'ing. It really does make a difference doesn't it.

Also great to hear about you seeing things that remind you of good times with your wife and having it not make you feel sad. I still get a touch of sadness during times like that. Maybe I could follow your lead and think of good times in those cases.

Good to hear from you.. keep on posting

2point0 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi pinn thank you for stopping over. Yes it really does make a difference. It helps keep me out of my head. More important out of WWs head.

I do not know why the good times are fluttering about in my head but I am certain it does not bring the same intense fear anxiety stress thoughts did not long ago. I am very thankful for this because that was such a constant drill in my heart. It hurt too much. Too long.

2point0 Offline OP
OP Offline
1 month later I find myself on this board following up on what Ive missed. Personally the holiday season was hard yet I went through feeling o.k. Some family and friends helped with getting past it. New hobbies and interests kept me busy.

There is 1 problem I am working through. I miss W more than I would have expected. I have been dark as midnight and keep all or at the least most thoughts out but d**n if I try not to I really miss W.

Yes there is the pedestal issue. I get it. And OM is still around from what I can tell but being honest I have not kept up with any thing in WWs life to know any thing with any certainty. Only some memories and missing.

Meh, ups and downs and. . .

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard