Print Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
C
Cadet Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Divorce Busting
August 22 at 10:31am
Do you often feel that your spouse "made you react" a certain way? Think again.
No matter what your spouse says or does, we can choose how we respond. I teach people how to be more solution-focused in their responses, regardless of the way they feel inside.
Think about your goal. Then behave consistently with your desired outcome.
"That's hard," you say? Perhaps. But doing something that inflames your spouse will create reactions that will be even harder!
Michele Weiner-Davis

Divorce Busting
August 23 at 10:56am ·
Blaming your spouse, or arguing about "who started it," is a colossal waste of time. It only leads to more fighting.
Instead, pay attention to how your arguments end, what each of you does to extend the olive branch. Knowing about these "Truce Triggers" is a key to solution. Memorize how you make up, not who started the fight.
What do you think about this?
Michele Weiner-Davis

Divorce Busting
August 25, 2016
Many people ask how it's possible to create change in a relationship if your spouse isn't motivated to do the same. Here at the Divorce Busting Center, we have a telephone coaching program that is designed specifically to help people whose partners are half-way out the door. In fact, practically everyone who contacts us is dealing with a marriage hanging by a thread.
We help that person to figure out what they need to do or say differently to get a different, more productive response from their partner. Thousands of people have created positive change in their marriages by HANDLING their situations in new and better ways.
So, if your spouse is saying, "I love you, but I'm not in love with you anymore," don't panic. There are many things you can still do to turn your relationship around. Although not all marriages can be saved, many can. Perhaps yours is one of them. Remember, it takes one to tango.
Michele Weiner-Davis

Me-70, D37,S36
R
R
Bump

"What is best for my kids is best for me"
Amor Fati
Link to quotes: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879712
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard