Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
mutatio #2607768 09/18/15 03:10 AM
M
mutatio Offline OP
OP Offline
M
How do you copy posted text and put it in that box in a different post?

Vanilla, anything your looking for from the early period?

“Character is destiny” Heraclitus
mutatio #2607795 09/18/15 10:49 AM
V
V
There are a number of different ways
Method 1
1. Run with two windows
2. Put the item you want to 'quote' into a quote box. Of its own
3. Highlight the items you want then use the copy command
4. Go to the second box in a second window where you have started a reply then paste.

This works on windows and apple systems, uses the clipboard

Method 2

1. Create a quote from full screen
2. Trim box in full screen removing items you want
3. If you want to change the text it is protocol to indicate the changes in either colour or initialising, boxes etc. if quoting from another's thread that should be credited and if possible a link to the original
4. You can change the context notes: the bit after quote ie Re vidya re Vanilla etc
5. Quick quote will insert the whole of the item into the open box. quick quote works differently to quote

I find it handy to use pages or word for my amendments of complex postings. I have learned the internet swallows posts so it's useful to select all or copy all to the clipboard before I go do something else. I keep my notes on each poster that I think about- one page per poster. I also now keep links to their posts and an annotation t3p5 which is thread3 page 5 for instance.

Hope this helps, there may be other quicker ways but these are my tried and true. The two open windows or webpages helps because I can go a wandering on one to find what I want and keep the other master posting box on screen. The link icon on the full screen edit post box ejects me from the site on my ipad2 so I don't use it. I have a work around instead.

It's best for threads not to lock as otherwise posting and quoting is really difficult so I recommend you create a new thread at about 94 posts (about 10-11 pages) the exact number is given in forum list newbies against the last post, gives room for your link post and a couple of random posts thereafter. If the old post isn't linked to the new one, then posters keep posting until the thread locks.

In other words new thread needed. I posted this tale end of old thread as your new thread is yours to journal and I don't want it cluttered with admin.

I am working on my post off site, post soon.

V

Last edited by Vanilla; 09/18/15 10:58 AM.

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

Vanilla #2607808 09/18/15 11:50 AM
M
mutatio Offline OP
OP Offline
M
thank you Vanilla. I will assume your last sentence refers to what your looking for about my story.

My wife spoke to me yesterday morning for 5 minutes, all pleasant. I left she said bye. Last night I get home from meditation and she is doing yoga. Do to house layout I have to walk by her and I say hi. No response from her and that's ok, just saying. This morning she comes into the kitchen and I say Good Morning, no response. She sees the 2 cats, gives them a warm hello and compassionate conversation. Gets the dog from my son's room to let out. She is talking to the dog with loving kindness. Dog goes out and she is back with me, silence. I leave for work and say bye, silence.

I don't understand, I give her the space she wants. I respect her wishes.
I pull my weight and more around the house and with the family.

What have I done to be held in such contempt? To be shut out so completely?

I will continue to be polite.
I will continue to be respectful.
I will continue to honor her wishes.
I will to do the right thing.

.....sigh

mutatio #2607810 09/18/15 11:55 AM
job Offline
Please start a new thread. You currently have 103 postings/replies.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
job #2607961 09/18/15 09:52 PM
M
mutatio Offline OP
OP Offline
M

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard