Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
M
M
Solo, thanks for the post on my thread. It is ok to have dark thoughts. I was worried that you would get stuck there. You know there's no good future with a heart filled with hate.

Anyway I am posting to share this with you. I don't see myself as being abused. I truly do not. I am reaping what I have sown. I did this to myself. I treated my wife and children poorly for many years. Not badly, if I had my wife would have left already. Because of the past behavior I chose, I now have to live in this reality. I accept my plight. Please do not think of me as some poor innocent soul. I am a man that was a selfish drinking bully. This is the man I was, not am.

I have done and am doing a lot of work on myself to make me the best version of me that I can be. I chose this screen name for a specific reason. The Latin Word Mutatio has many meanings, mainly: change, alteration, transformation. This is who I want to be.

Who do you want to be Solo?

“Character is destiny” Heraclitus
S
Solo15 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Beagley

Thanks for taking the time to wade through my mess. I really appreciate your insight and kind words. I do need to lighten up. I've spent 16 years being broken down, criticized, and strained. The last 6 have been just my W dropping everything on me, with a dose of coldness and anger. My focus has been on her in my posts because she was both my greatest dream, and worst nightmare. Her need was so great, and my heart so big, that she engulfed everything I am. I do need to lighten up, and there are a couple of things that I am doing to do that. I seriously could not have found your post at a better time. I'm sorry I've been offline for the past few days, but I've been really struggling with serious depression

mutatio
I understand man, but what kind of man rises up from all that and fights to be new? Anyway, thanks again for your kind words, your posts have been a welcome little light to me. To answer your question, I am who I want to be. I just want my life to not have been a waste, and not have to wake up with nightmares every night, to let my mind let go of this insane ring of crazy that I've been trapped in. To see my children happy and whole. It's just more pain, more uphill slogging through a thousand problems.

My W is utterly selfish, and I am at a point right now where I just want out. I want closure. I want to heal. I can't heal. It's just her keeping everything in limbo. She's afraid to do anything because she doesn't want to experience loss or difficulty, while completely ignoring my needs, pain, and our children's future. She's off the deep end, and I'm here trying to pay the bills, take care of my kids, and heal from all this mess. I miss her. The good stuff. Her humor, intelligence, friendship. She is exotically beautiful, my ideal. I've admired her for so long. I cherished her.

Honestly, I am trying really hard right now to not go out and someone else. I know it would be the worst move I could make, and I don't really have it in me, but it's been so long since I felt anything but this. I just want some tenderness and to feel wanted. I'm a great guy, and I'm sitting here rotting away while she strides forward happy and excited about her future. I don't know what I can do to let her go, but she's totally selfish and makes me miserable. Add the affair and it's just too much. Sorry for all the darkness. I have some strength in me that's propelling me forward right now, but my faith and hope are pretty nonexistent right now. I'm trying to do self care, working out, eating well, trying to sleep. I'm seeing friends. Everything feels hollow and empty. Does this ever go away?

M 16y , T 18y , 3 Kids
7/14 ILYBINILWY
8/14 Takes off rings
5/15 OM, S
PA 8/15
10/15 A new hope. Rumbles of Reconciliation.
11/15 I can have what I want. What do I want?
A
A
Time for a new thread Solo15.

When you've created it and pointed from here to it and the new one back here, I'll chuck a few more observations your way as you are at a very important juncture. Others will no doubt have sensed this too and will be keen to share and help you through the maze.

- Nobody has ever learnt anything important from happiness and success; problems make us grow
- Consult your plan, not your feelings
- If you haven't set goals, how can you expect to achieve anything?
M
M
Solo, so good to see your words, it's been a while.

You are the only one that can waste you life. Your wife can make life difficult for you in the short run but she can't keep you down. You will get through this and after doing the work be a better man.

I have to go to class. I will post here again later.

Don't dip your wick Solo, not now at least. ttyl

“Character is destiny” Heraclitus
job Offline
Please start a new thread. You have 104 replies/postings.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
S
Solo15 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Looking forward to your replies. My New Thread

Thanks all for sticking with me through all this mess!

M 16y , T 18y , 3 Kids
7/14 ILYBINILWY
8/14 Takes off rings
5/15 OM, S
PA 8/15
10/15 A new hope. Rumbles of Reconciliation.
11/15 I can have what I want. What do I want?
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard