Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
H
haunted Offline OP
OP Offline
H
So, I had a mutual friend call me just a little bit ago. He said he was really concerned for his behavior. He said all he does is spend his time on his phone searching online for women. He said he's constantly talking to so many at a time, telling them he loves them and trying to get them to move in with him or him move there. He said he's not trying to hurt me by telling me this because he knows he doesn't love any of them. He just thinks he is going down a dangerous path. He said it's like he has a sex addiction. Our friend said he claims to these women he is looking for a relationship, always wanting to take care of them but what it comes down to is usually sex talk. He said he's already met 2 for sex. One he claims to love and really like. He said it's like he's one big player. But it's just concerning because he could end up in some kind of trouble or end up with something he doesn't want.

If he has a sex addiction, could that be part of MLC? or a totally separate issue at hand? I don't know anything about sex addiction.

job Offline
Haunted,
One of the things that we see with someone in MLC is that they experiment w/different things. It's that let's go back and try that one more time type of deal. MLC is about depression and w/depression comes some addictions such as alcohol, drugs, gambling gaming, sexual encounters and the list could go on and on, depending upon the individual. If your h didn't have a sexual addiction prior to MLC, I would venture to say it's part of the journey he's on right now.

He's a teenager at heart and is acting like one. He's searching for women and what he's doing is contacting them, checking them out and then bragging about it. He likes the attention they give him and trust me, it's stroking his ego 100%. Of course, there is always the possibility of catching the gift that keeps on giving if he's not using protection, as well as a child down the road...I can understand your concern, but you can't control him and unfortunately, he's not going to listen to anything you have to say about it. Right now, you are his mother to his inner child.

My xh during the early stages of MLC was like this. Every time he saw a woman looking at him, he thought they wanted him. He talked about women all of the time and after he left, it was discovered that he was talking to women every day from all over the world bragging about what he had, telling them how I misunderstood him, etc.

If you don't know anything about sex addiction, then do a search on the net. The net if full of valuable information. This is how I first learned about MLC...doing a search many years ago. Knowledge is power and the more you know about MLC and depression, the better you will under your h's journey.

Always remember...you didn't break him, therefore, you can't fix him and/or control him. Keep the focus on you, your family and things that you can control in your life.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
job Offline

The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
job Offline
You need to start a new thread. You have 103 replies.

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard