Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
E
EyeTie Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Just a final update.

Divorce was final last Friday. The ex and I went to court, judge signed off on it and that was it.

When we walked out of the courtroom, she collapsed on the floor and started crying. I just looked at her and said "Hey, it's ok, get up, this is what you wanted and there is finally some closure. We can move on with our lives apart." Gave her a hug and walked out of the building to my car.

I sat there for a long minute, took a deep breath, looked in the rearview mirror at myself, smiled and am officially divorced and ready for my future.

Was this a long painful process? Yes. Did I do EVERYTHING I could do to save my marriage? Yes. Do I still love my exwife? Yes, but I guess it's my turn to say "I love you but I am not in love with you" to her.

I'll check in from time to time, see how you all are doing. Thank you for all of your support. Thank you Sandi for the "rules" and please, all of you who are just starting this journey. Remember, you are given the best gift in the world. You are given the gift of a rebirth, of finding yourself again, GAL like your life depends on it. Soon you too will find happiness and inner-peace.

Me: 38
W: 32
S10 D6
T: 10 (02/2004)
M: 7 (12/2007)
Separation 02/2015
OM confirmed 01/2015,
D mentioned 12/2014
D finalized 9/2016
Z
Z
thank you for the update ET.

still wishing you all the best!!!

Last edited by Cadet; 09/21/16 09:08 AM. Reason: Start a new thread message

M - 40's
W - 30's
Two Sons
Living together
E
EyeTie Offline OP
OP Offline
E
It's been a long time since I have been here. Thought I would drop in on all of you and see how things are going?

Life is good for me these days. I am over the divorce at this point, throughout the entire time I really saw how terrible she was. September 19th 2016 was our divorce, she is getting married to her latest guy on September 16th 2017. Kind of funny I guess, at least to me.

My kids are great, I bought a new place and I am working on getting things back on track. It's hard being a single parent, but we make it work. Things have progressed with a gal I mentioned before, we moved in together last fall and I couldn't be happier about it.

I just wanted to essentially say, thank you all for your help. Sometimes "saving" the marriage isn't worth it other times it is. In my case, I am doing much better without her. Be well all!

Me: 38
W: 32
S10 D6
T: 10 (02/2004)
M: 7 (12/2007)
Separation 02/2015
OM confirmed 01/2015,
D mentioned 12/2014
D finalized 9/2016
J
J
Thanks for posting! You are one of my favorite success stories and im so glad you are continuing to give us updates. I am glad things are working out so ni3ceky with your new girlfriend and with yiir children. Do you get them the majority of the time?

So many newcomers cant let go of people that have treated them pretty badly. You set a great example.

Update on my sitch...(if you still remember me) my ex was living a life as a secret addict. Was withdrawing from his IRA and huge amounts from atms in bad neighbirhoods. I still have no proof of any OW though. Our divorce is done. Im juat waiting for my papers back. And will eventually get the courage to respond back to some messages on my on line dating site and go on some dates.

Again. Its great hearing from you!

M: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
WAH in summer
P
P
good for you eye! thanks for the update. I think I am going down the same exact path and I feel great about it! take care!

Last edited by Cadet; 09/13/17 12:01 AM. Reason: start a new thread message
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard