Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
D
DifRent Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Yeah Matt... how about tonight we both agree to have faith that we are DBing the best we can, and despite what they say or how they act, our spouses are missing us somehow, some way too. And that perhaps the day will come when all this hardship winds up being the catalyst for truly amazing and new relationships with our spouses down the road.

I think sometimes we have to believe that's the direction we're headed. We have to employ positive thinking. After all, our hope for reconciliation is the driving reason we're here.

Me: 46 Her: 41
M: 5.5 yrs / S: 20, 18
3/26 W and I meet OW
BD: 5/2/2015, she takes off ring
W goes to stay with OW 6/26
NC: 9/5 Both moved out: 10/16
I take off my ring and feel... healed: 10/19
D
DifRent Offline OP
OP Offline
D
One last post for this thread... put pretty much the same post on Fogg's thread, but thought it was appropriate to post here, too...

I might be dating myself with these lyrics, but maybe not... they were still penned a few years before I was born... smile Simon and Garfunkel...

April come she will
When streams are ripe and swelled with rain
May she will stay
Resting in my arms again
June she'll change her tune
In restless walks she'll prowl the night

July she will fly
And give no warning to her flight
August die she must
The autumn winds blow chilly and cold
September I remember
A love once new has now grown old

When I heard a clip of this tonight and looked it up to listen, I was at first thinking, of course, of my own relationship with my W. I mean, to line up the months... June was rough, July is when she will close on her house, August is when she'll move out, and September is when I'll be left alone with my ruminations...

But as I listened again, and realized this was from The Graduate soundtrack, I thought of it more as a song lamenting the very quick demise of an illicit relationship... an affair, basically. And their affair began, of course, in April...

Now, this song makes things go a bit too quickly. But the point is, in the grand scheme of things, in the midst of, as my good friend puts it, the "80 year plan," any affair is but a blip on the radar. Which gives me hope on the one hand... even as I sometimes think this is a waste of my time, and I'm just being played for a fool.

Will keep listening to this one. I encourage others to do the same.

Me: 46 Her: 41
M: 5.5 yrs / S: 20, 18
3/26 W and I meet OW
BD: 5/2/2015, she takes off ring
W goes to stay with OW 6/26
NC: 9/5 Both moved out: 10/16
I take off my ring and feel... healed: 10/19
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard