Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
G
G
I'm glad everyone is feeling better. I'm sorry about your home. And honestly, you are right, family makes a home. I have moved like 4 times since the divorce. I've never gotten attached too. House because I always leave it.

I wish you the best of luck with your move!

OP Offline
Awww, thanks! I've been in this house almost 16 years! I lived in my previous house for 9. I've had my job since 1992. When did I become grounded and consistent????

LOL, I never meant to get attached to my house, but you live somewhere for 16 years and make it your own, you just can't help it. I'm sitting in my family room wondering when and where I'm going to start packing, and feeling a little weird about the thought of being somewhere else other than my family room! It's odd.

My D21 was just 6 when we moved here, and D18 3. It's kind of funny that when Mr. Wonderful moved out, D21 repeatedly asked me if we could move to our old house. I think she was craving some of the familiar feelings of comfort she felt in the house she lived when she was born? Now she can barely remember that house. Her friends are all over in this neighborhood, and all her present memories are right here. My former pets are buried in this yard and we'll leave imprints of our hearts here when we go. That much I know.

I do feel nostalgic. But this house is meant for a growing family, not a downsizing one. I'll leave it in better shape than I got it, and some family will get to make their own memories here. They'll enjoy the wood burning fireplace at Christmas... probably as much as I'll enjoy mine turning on the gas logs. LOL. There's a season for everything. And the stark reality is that my D21 will be turning 22 in February, graduating from college in May, and will pursue her own career dreams - by living apart from me. She may be with me for a short period after graduation, but we both know that it's a temporary resting place before she embarks on her career. I'm not sad about that. It's what I raised her to do. Not saying I won't miss her being home with me, but she wouldn't be happy coming back after living independently for 4 years. Right? Just as much as I wouldn't want to go home to live with my folks either.

Anyway, I have no doubt that I'll cry the last night I sleep in my huge bedroom. Please come kick my a$$ if I stay stuck there, because I'm truly happy about making this change.

My happy dance chat is, "I will never mow another lawn again in my life!" Yippee! If I miss it, I'm sure Mr. Wonderful would let me do his yard. Snort. As if I'd miss that. I flippin' hate yard work. Merry Christmas to me?!?!

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
job Offline
Good luck on your move. It will be a time of deciding what to keep and what not to keep. You'll feel so much better once the move has taken place. No more lawns to mow! I am very happy for you.

BTW, it's time to start a new thread.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
OP Offline
Thanks, Job! One day I'll get there. Right now just looking at the enormous amount of work overwhelms me.

Cadet, go ahead and shut this place down. I'm going to move in with BA for awhile. He's already living in a female-laden household, so one more hopefully won't matter to him. grin

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
B
B
Originally Posted By: Underdog

Cadet, go ahead and shut this place down. I'm going to move in with BA for awhile. He's already living in a female-laden household, so one more hopefully won't matter to him. grin

Doors open, come on down Bets - rent is cheap as well, just keep me stocked in Scotch and you are a golden tenant! :-)

BA

C
C
Originally Posted By: Underdog
Cadet, go ahead and shut this place down.

I am not able to do that here.
Only on the forums that I am a moderator.

I guess someone will do it.

Me-70, D37,S36
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard