Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
C
C
Originally Posted By: Hopeful321

I thought me telling him that I filed for a divorce would wake him up, but it didn't. Maybe if I just continue with the divorce and have him serve, maybe that will wake him up. I doubt it.

He will wake up on his own own schedule not yours.

Me-70, D37,S36
B
BEClem Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted By: Hopeful321
I understand depression very well. He is on medication for depression.

I thought me telling him that I filed for a divorce would wake him up, but it didn't. Maybe if I just continue with the divorce and have him serve, maybe that will wake him up. I doubt it.

Hope. Have you ever gone with him to his appointments or therapy sessions? Been proactively involved in his recovery / management?

The only reason I ask is because for me: and this is taking the focus off of myself and onto my wife for a moment: that is something she never did. She just kind of tossed me aside.

The only reason I said that is to give you the perspective of the depressed spouse. Like for me my wife tells me that I abandoned her during her greatest time of need with two young children. Which there is truth to that. However, she also abandoned me during my greatest time of need.

I know we don't blame shift but that's not the purpose of this post.

B
BEClem Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted By: Cadet
Originally Posted By: BEClem
I decided to not answer that text message at all. I didn't know what to do so I just did nothing.

Good choice.

Sometimes doing nothing is an action
Originally Posted By: Cadet
Originally Posted By: BEClem
I decided to not answer that text message at all. I didn't know what to do so I just did nothing.

Good choice.

Sometimes doing nothing is an action

Thanks Cadet.

B
BEClem Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hope I find our sitch's to be ironic in a way: if your husband had my attitude and my wife had yours we'd both be out of the woods.

job Offline
I hope that you can get some rest this evening. You've had a rough day of doing something different, i.e., responding to her text messages w/questions, etc. You did good.

Now, a friendly reminder, you need to start a new thread. I am your 114th poster.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
B
BEClem Offline OP
OP Offline
B

Last edited by Cadet; 05/27/15 12:43 PM.
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard