Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
K
Kembo05 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Sorry, I might not have clarified. We went to counselor separately and I met with him after she did. Counselor told me she told him she had an affair and I asked if she said who it was with, he just said she told him it was with a man 6 years younger then her. I told him that wasn't the case, it was a 20 year old former student. and he is 9 years younger than her.

We have our first session scheduled today. She brought it up and said she was still willing to go. I'm not really sure what to say during the session. Right now I am just planning on letting her talk and using it as an avenue for safe communication.

Me: 32 Her: 29
M: 5 T: 11
D2
ILYBINILWY: Jan 15
BD: 2/13/15 (I found out, she didn't tell me)
W filed for D after I confronted OM 5-27-15
Papers served 6-3-15
Temporary Order 7-15-15
W Moved out 7-17-15
C
C
Originally Posted By: Kembo05
I told him that wasn't the case, it was a 20 year old former student. and he is 9 years younger than her.

So even her lies are lies.
If her lips are moving she is lying.

I think your plan of listening is good.

Me-70, D37,S36
P
P
Hi there,

Just wanted to stop by to express my sympathies for you and your D. I hope you get the time you need to make the changes you can.

I noticed something early in your thread (just re-read the whole thing):

"One of the things my wife has said is how she doesn't trust me and how I don't understand or respect her feelings. She thinks she has been pretending to be this person she isn't for so long and she blames me for this. She thinks she had to be this person to make me happy and I didn't care about that. I told her I didn't know she felt this way, I want her to be her, not be someone she thinks she is supposed to be."

That's something I recognize from my H. He hasn't had his needs met and feels that I should have known how to meet them without him saying. He has said what he thought I wanted to hear - and I remember he even said to me once that in a M, you should say what you think the other person wants to hear instead of telling them when you disagree or have another opinion. I was blown away... not my idea of a partnership. I've felt disconnected from him for years, because he seemed so closed off.

I wonder if people who try to please like this perhaps are more insecure about themselves, and more prone to hide their feelings from their partner and become unhappy to where they have an affair. I know that my H does not spend much time thinking about his own feelings or perceptions. He's very much an 'it is what it is'-person and buries himself in work and activities. But the feelings are there - they just build and build...

The MC talked yesterday to H about having a clearer voice - be honest with himself and not try to do things that makes him annoyed (he gets easily annoyed and angry).

None of us can be responsible for another person's choices, though. It's not a our job to ferret out what our partners really feel if they hide it from us. All we can do, is make sure we listen and create a safe space to open up in.

Oh, I'd also take it as a good sign that she's lying to the counselor. Means she is embarrassed by the truth still.

Her affair may have an impact on custody arrangements and the divorce. I hope you include all the information you have about what happened when you talk to your attorney.

M 16 yrs, WH62, P54
3 adult blended kids
EA 11/13, BD1 6/14
PA fall 14, BD2 2/15
Piecing 2015, BD3 12/15
Separated 4/16
WH moved OW in 5/16
Divorced 6/15/17
K
Kembo05 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Thanks Painter. I think my W has a lot of areas she needs to work on and I can't force the issue with that. She has always hid her feelings and a lot of that stems from her family of origin.

I completely agree it's a good sign she is lying to the counselor, she is absolutely still embarrassed. She has always avoided confrontation, always, and I looked at it as she has been avoiding the confrontation with me but now I almost look at it as if she is avoiding the confrontation with herself. I don't know though. Im trying to focus on detaching, 180's, and being positive and confident.

We meet the MC later this afternoon. I will let everyone know how it goes. Im not bringing anything up about the relationship or affair, but I hope the MC asks why she lied about the A and how old the OM is

Do I need to start a new thread since this one is getting close to 100?

Last edited by Kembo05; 05/29/15 05:44 PM.

Me: 32 Her: 29
M: 5 T: 11
D2
ILYBINILWY: Jan 15
BD: 2/13/15 (I found out, she didn't tell me)
W filed for D after I confronted OM 5-27-15
Papers served 6-3-15
Temporary Order 7-15-15
W Moved out 7-17-15
C
C
Originally Posted By: Kembo05

Do I need to start a new thread since this one is getting close to 100?

You are allowed to go to 100 this post is #94, so yes soon you should make a new thread

Me-70, D37,S36
C
C

Me-70, D37,S36
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard