Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
H
Huddy Offline OP
OP Offline
H
I have bought S's birthday present as W appears to be more interested in trying to sell the house. Normally, we have a small party for him at home, due to his autism. Don't know what is going to happen tomorrow.

Friday afternoons really seem to tie my stomach up in knots. 20 minutes and I'll walk up for the train. I use to really enjoy the weekends. I have organised a GAL activity for Holiday Monday but I'm not planning on telling W. Kids are at school, having next Monday off instead.

M 45 W 52
SD22 S9 D8
BD 6 April 2015
Not living together 4 Dec 2015
N
NDY Offline
N
Originally Posted By: Huddy
I have bought S's birthday present as W appears to be more interested in trying to sell the house. Normally, we have a small party for him at home, due to his autism. Don't know what is going to happen tomorrow.

Friday afternoons really seem to tie my stomach up in knots. 20 minutes and I'll walk up for the train. I use to really enjoy the weekends. I have organised a GAL activity for Holiday Monday but I'm not planning on telling W. Kids are at school, having next Monday off instead.

I feel the same about the weekends.

Look, if you can try and have as normal a birthday for your S. We did this at Christmas for S9. It's not the kids fault that this steaming pile of sh*t is happening.

Me:43 Her:42
M:14
S:9
EA started 2014/03 (or there abouts)
PA started 2014/05/30
BD:2014/11/05
I left 2015/10/01
I returned 2015/05/02
She left 2015/06/10
OM still on the go.
P
P
night guys - 1AM here. d2 will be up in 4-6 hrs. and thats hoping we dont have any other mid-night dramas. thanks for the chat

Start a new thread! - Cadet

Last edited by Cadet; 05/22/15 03:05 PM. Reason: message

M: 6 T: 12
Kids: 2,4
BD: Jan 2015 S: Feb 2015
EA/PA confirmed: Feb2015/Mar2015
N
NDY Offline
N
Originally Posted By: Huddy
I have bought S's birthday present as W appears to be more interested in trying to sell the house.

Huddy, you do know that she cant do this without your consent, right? I'm assuming the house is in both names? In that case you both have to agree to sell.

Do you have a home report yet? That's the starting point and it'll cost around £500. If you don't want a home report but your wife does then she'll need to stump up the cash.

Also, she can't make you leave.

If she want's to force a sale through then she would need to apply to a court to do that and that's a looooong way off.

Play the cards you are dealt mate.

PA started 2014/05/30
I left 2015/10/01
I returned 2015/05/02
She left 2015/06/10
OM still on the go.
S
S
Huddy, the weekend does [censored]!!! Especially, bank holiday.

I am not looking forward to this bank holiday, the weekend we got married, the weekend our son was born. This is normally a very family orientated and special time for us.

Excellent for the GAL. I have only recently realised how different/ happier I feel/ am when I am engaged in something else's.

It impacts on my work colleagues and students too.

Both 47 M 20 T25 S 18
EA July 11- Jan 12. ILYBNILWY Oct EA April 13 -July 13
Move to work abroad Sept 14
re establish contact with OW while away
D bomb 22/12/14 D filed papers served 17/03/15

S
S
Quote:
I will do what I deem necessary in my own time.

Remember that particular response, Huddy. It's a great reply to a pushy, bossy, WW.

Quote:
As she's on her mobile, it'll be SIL. MIL is at work until 7, so that wasn't hard to figure out. I guess she wanted to be heard, because I'm in bathroom with kids and I could hear the sobbing above the bath running. Interspersed with lots of 'I knows'. No doubt I'll be the biggest b****** under the sun, but I didn't start this.

She will naturally turn where she gets support. You can't let what they think about you drive your actions.

Quote:
SD tells me that W broke down earlier today, crying etc. saying how she wasn't happy how things were going. W said there is no way she is going to get back with me, but she is now thinking of staying in Scotland. Funny, seven weeks ago, there was no way she was staying up here.

That is good news, actually.

Quote:
SD asks me to back off on DB strategy. I think that is wrong. In just two weeks I've gone from feeble, sobbing, needy wreck to feeling quite strong (despite last weeks backslide about the kids) and mentally in a better place. W appears to be starting to have doubts. This could be crocodile tears (just like Sandi2 says would happen) and I'm not really in a forgiving mood at the moment.

Whoa, wait a minute. How old is this SD? And why does she know all about your DB "strategy"? Just how much have you shared with your W's daughter?

Quote:
I've told SD to have faith in the system. She felt that it would push W further away, but I told her it's meant to be counter intuitive. SD has agreed that it is alien to her, but will back me. For once in a long time, thanks to my new found friends on here, I actually feel in control.

Your WW is SD's mother, first and foremost. Which means, if she chooses between the two of you....it will be her mother. For all you know, she is telling you to back off with DBing b/c that is what dear ole mom wanted her to do. SD gets upset b/c her mother breaks down crying, so she starts to feel bad for mom. Whether WW actually asked SD to see if she could talk to you, IDK. But I know mothers & daughters, and from this point forward I suggest you not confide in SD about any more of your DB strategies. Let's just hope she doesn't tell her mom that this is all just a gimmick to get her back.

Don't listen to SD, b/c you are getting stronger. As you said, look where you were just a short time ago.

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
N
NDY Offline
N

Last edited by Cadet; 05/22/15 07:49 PM. Reason: Links

PA started 2014/05/30
I left 2015/10/01
I returned 2015/05/02