Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
JAS84 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Had a decent text message interaction with W this afternoon.

My stepmother is having a small birthday party for one of my nephews today. W never answered as to whether she was going, so I reached out to ask.

Me: Good Afternoon! SM said she never heard from you, so I an reaching out to confirm whether S4 was going to be coming to the little birthday thing for nephew.

W: No we are getting together with my dad, it's his birthday today.

Me: Okay. Thanks for replying. I know it's FIL's birthday today, and SMIL's (stepmother-in-law) is tomorrow. I stopped over at bar (local bar, across from FIL's house) last night for an early birthday beer with him before meeting up with my friends. Have a nice day!

W: You too.

This is the first time she has reciprocated ANY pleasantries since BD. Does it mean anything? No. It was just nice. No mind-reading, no cares about meaning, detachment in progress.

Stopping up at the bar unannounced for something like that would be considered unexpected behavior from me, and follows a previous request from W to be with family outside of obligation. Part of my 180s.

Last edited by JAS84; 05/03/15 05:29 PM.

Me: 30, W: 29
S: 4
T: 14
M: 5
BD: March, 2015, ILYBNILWY, IDLY, Need Space
OM, EA/PA Discovered (drunken kissing, she says she stopped there? NOPE!): March 2015
S: April 25th, 2015
J
JAS84 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Goodnight call last night was relatively uneventful. S4 had a good day, they hung out with FIL for his birthday.

W mentioned that S4 has a rash on his chest and belly. He had been playing in some leaves on Saturday with his cousins, so I asked when the last time he had a bath was, and whether he seemed uncomfortable. She replied that he had one on Friday (We typically bathe S4 every other day), and that he didn't seem to be itchy.

I wished them a good night, and restful sleep.

This morning, text message conversation:

W: Going to keep S4 home with me today, he was up quite a bit coughing last night. I'll let school and sitter know.

Me: Aww, that $uck$... I hope he's okay. Let me know if there's anything I can do.

Me: Forgot to ask... How is that rash you mentioned last night? Any spreading? Do you think the cough is related?

W: It hasn't spread, it looks more like hives than a rash. They are still pretty red but he's not complaining of them itching. I put calamine lotion on them last night and got some Benadryl just in case.

Me: Okay. Sorry for the 20 questions. Just got concerned when you said you were keeping him home from school. Have a good "bonus" day together! Even if he's not feeling well, extra time is awesome. Sending love, care, and well-wishes.

Element of 180 here: Did not start firing off suggestions of what she could do for S4. I have to let her make her own decisions.

Last edited by JAS84; 05/04/15 01:19 PM.

OM, EA/PA Discovered (drunken kissing, she says she stopped there? NOPE!): March 2015
J
JAS84 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Tonight's goodnight call was brief. S4 had an Albuterol treatment (intermittent asthma issues) just prior, and was all fired up (always happens). He wanted to run around. Talked to W for a few minutes about how he was feeling, and confirmed that he will be going to school tomorrow. Told her to take care, and I ended the call.

She just called back, but I missed it (phone didn't ring, missed-call notifications go to my email). Tried calling back after a few minutes, no answer. Assuming unimportant, or a misdial. Considering TM followup, but leaning towards not.

Otherwise, feeling pretty detached today. Went out after work and socialized with some random people for about an hour. It was nice to just BS with people with zero expectations, and to just let it flow.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard