Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
M
mindsin Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Update on my situation

Hello everyone. I thought I'd give an update on my situation. Mrond, thanks for thinking of me.

First, my W filed for divorce in mid January. We went through the process together, and it was peaceful and amicable. Now we're simply waiting for the court date, which should be after May.

I have realized over the months that, for me, to truly be detached is to let go of any hope of getting her back. That point came when she filed.

She has also decided not to sleep in our house anymore. She still spends time here (all her stuff is still here), but at night, after the kids are in bed, she leaves to go stay at her parents house. The only exceptions have been during overnight snow storms. On those days, she sleeps here with the family (in a separate room, of course).

We have agreed to spend 1 on 1 time together once every couple of weeks (dinner, or drinks). This was her idea. She says she wants our friendship to continue and get stronger. I desire the same thing.

While she says that she is no longer in a relationship with OM. She revealed to me that she still talks to him, and she even flew out one weekend to visit him. Apparently, he and his W have decided to get a divorce after all.

I think the fact that I rarely ever go on this site is a sign that I am truly detached.

Currently, she and I are attending parental education classes (court mandated) and it's been helpful. We both want what's best for the children, and we both have come to accept that our family is not splitting up -- the construct is simply changing. And I think I'm OK with that.

M: 15 years
BD: 6/25/14
EA/PA: starts 5/14/14
11/30/14 - A ends
5/15/15 - D is finalized.
11/28/15 - Start of new LTR with a wonderful woman (and still going strong)!
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard