Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W
I went to pick up s13 tonight, but he was asleep on W's bed. He is a realllly deep sleeper. So as we shared some small talk, I was standing next to W in her bedroom looking at son sleeping, and I placed my hand on her back. It was not a good response - W sprinted away from me and went to the other side of the bed and tried persuading s13 to wake up.

I tried to quickly recover and as W was tickling son to wake him up and failed. I came over and said we should double-team him with tickling. It was kinda funny, but W then quickly left and told me to handle it from here.

S13 never woke up. W seemed to anticipate that I would get mad, but I stayed calm. W commented that I came so far to pick son up (15 minutes away) and I told her it was not a big deal. I simply asked that she drop him off at my place when it was convenient tomorrow. W told me that tomorrow was so busy, mentioning she was preparing a business plan. But then said she would try.

I was curious what her business plan might involve - now that her two businesses the cat breeding and her photography business have folded, what she might be doing. But I stayed away from asking any questions. It just didn't seem like the right time, as W was busy cleaning up the place.

Me-54 yrs; W: 50 yrs
4 kids- D: 22,20,19; S:15
"Trial" Divorce: 04/14 - 6/14
Separated: 06/2013- divorced 08/2016

“The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.” War and Peace
K
K
Why did you try to reach out to her when she hasn't done anything to show that would be welcome? Is it really worth the pain of her reaction?

I know that my ex and I are comfortable now but we are not friends, we are parents. We share alot of history, most of which he chooses to draw a blank on. I am more than happy to be a big part of my kids lives. I am good with that.

Refocus.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
T
T
Quote:
Why did you try to reach out to her when she hasn't done anything to show that would be welcome? Is it really worth the pain of her reaction?

Stove. Hot. Touch. Don't.

I get why you did, I did many times, but eventually my scientific test mode wore thin.

I ran out of burn salve.

Please stop looking her way, you're not hearing her.

You are not helping YOU.

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. - Albert Camus

Uncertainty is the very condition which impels people to unfold their powers.-Eric Fromm

W
Wet Offline OP
OP Offline
W

Me-54 yrs; W: 50 yrs
4 kids- D: 22,20,19; S:15
"Trial" Divorce: 04/14 - 6/14
Separated: 06/2013- divorced 08/2016

“The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.” War and Peace
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard